Panic!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panic!!!!

Looks like i'm not going to be able to sort out pitching the yeast until tomorrow (starters have just been made)..........Will there be enough sulphite in the fermenters to protect the grapes until tomorrow (I added 5ml/box - so 35ml of 10% soln per fermenter). The fermenters have not been opened since the lids went on yesterday... The fermenters are in the garage, so are in a fairly cool enviroment

Please advise oh wise ones!!!

Dave
    "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

It will be fine Dave

worst that could happen is that the wild yeast will kick in and start a ferment, your commercial yeast will overcome it when you pitch it.....

letting the wild yeasts run a tad at the beginning is supposed to add another layer of complexity, and will express the "Terroir" (performs a Gallic shrug whilst typing it) a little more

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      It will be fine Dave

worst that could happen is that the wild yeast will kick in and start a ferment, your commercial yeast will overcome it when you pitch it.....

letting the wild yeasts run a tad at the beginning is supposed to add another layer of complexity, and will express the "Terroir" (performs a Gallic shrug whilst typing it) a little more

regards
      Bob
      Brillo pads.....cheers Bob!!

*DUCK* (or words to that effect!)
      "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
        Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
        -Police Squad

Comment

Phenomenal

properly laughed out loud

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Have actually got that album on my iphone - nearly played the track last night too!!

'Drugs are bad Mkay..........'

Comment

I was trying to read outside on a lovely Summer day, but my two pet ducks, Quacker and Jack, wanted my attention. They also wanted to carry on an in-depth co...
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I can't remember which yeast i was advised to use for the trebiano help please

Comment

I'd use D47 or K1V-1116, but then again, I didn't take any Trebbiano. I did use D47 for the 08 version, and that was OK.
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

I looked back in the posts and found you used D47 will probaly go with that cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X