No announcement yet.

2011WinExpert Limited Edition Kit's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California Petite Sirah / Zinfandel (Limited Edition 2005)

for me please
    http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
    http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Okey dokey, Kenridge ltd edition are available, but on a first come first served basis.

I will need to know by 3 oclock TODAY 18TH NOV if you want any as they are collating orders today.

The kits are as follows...

All £74.99

Australia - New South Wales - Shiraz ViognierThe Region - The New South Wales region of Australia is a rapidly expanding viticultural area located north, west and southwest of Sydney. A diverse growing region with a generally 'continental' climate with warm to hot days, cooler nights and dry summers; this provides the perfect conditions for development of rich, fully-ripe grapes. 'The Big Rivers Zone' encompasses the Riverina, Perricoota and the New South Wales side of the Murray Darling and Swan Hill regions. Water for irrigation comes from the mighty Murray River and the Murrumbidgee River.
      The Wine - This is a blend of Shiraz and a small amount of the white grape Viognier. This classic blend of the Cote Rotie area of the northern Rhone wine region has shown tremendous success in Australia. The Shiraz has great structure and depth of flavours including red and black berries, spice, chocolate and violets, while the Viognier contributes acidity and freshness along with enhancement of the bouquet and a note of apricot and floral.
      The Food - This full-bodied red would make a great partner for saucy barbecued ribs; short ribs; beef brisket; pulled-pork on crusty rolls; beef stews; Beemster XO Gouda; pot roast; roast leg of lamb; Moroccan spiced lamb; peppercorn steaks.
      Available - December 2011

Argentina - Mendoza -Torrontés Chardonnay
      The Region - Argentina is the world's fifth largest wine producer, with the region of Mendoza accounting for more than 70% of its wine production. The locals call this the land of 'sol y vino' (sun and wine). With an average of only 200 mm of rain per year, the persistent sunny days and the relief of cool nights offer the perfect growing conditions. Melt water from the glaciers of the Andes Mountains move through an intricate irrigation system of aqueducts and dykes to feed the vineyards with the much needed moisture. The soils of the region consist of loose, sandy, alluvial material with clay substructure, providing great drainage and fertility for the vines.
      The Wine - The blending of grape varieties is a way of developing a wine style that would not be possible with only a single grape. This wine combines both Torrontés and Chardonnay. Torrontés is the fragrant white grape of Argentina, which provides refreshing acidity to the blend. Chardonnay, grown the world over, provides additional body and slight richness. This dry, medium-bodied white wine has aromas of apricot, peach, melon, citrus and floral. The refreshing palate showcases notes of juicy peach and green apple zing, followed by a touch of citrus, spice and floral on the finish.
      The Food - This lively, but easy drinking wine is perfect as a sipping wine, or try it with roast chicken; light cream sauces on chicken and seafood pasta; Cornish hen; battered fish fillets; lightly spiced crab cakes; turkey with garlic aioli on crusty rolls; scallops; cheese empanadas.
      Available - January 2012

Spain - Penedes - Cabernet SauvignonThe Region - The Penedes (peh-ned-dess) is the largest and most important wine zone in the Cataluna region, near Barcelona in northeast Spain. Penedes rises from the Mediterranean in three distinct zones like a series of steps. Bajo (low) Penedes, along the coast, is the warmest area where sturdy reds are produced from the Garnacha, Carinena and Monastrell grape varietals. The second zone, Medio Penedes, a broad valley, is separated from the coast by a ridge of hills; this zone is a highly productive region for sparkling wines called Cava, and for reds produced from Cabernet Sauvignon and Tempranillo. Penedes Superior, which has the highest elevation, is on the foothills of Spain's central plateau and is the coolest of regions where many white varietals are grown. The Penedes region is also an important region for the production of cork.
      The Wine - Since the introduction of Cabernet Sauvignon to the Spanish landscape, thanks to Miguel Torres, Jr., this varietal has shown tremendous success. Look for deep garnet coloured wines with rich, ripe black fruit notes, cocoa, earth, mineral and sweet spice aromas and flavours. In its youth this wine exhibits moderate tannins, which will provide structure for mouth-feel and ageability. Also, for a touch of classic Spanish roots, a small amount of Tempranillo has been blended in to provide a richer colour and increased structure and complexity.
      The Food - This full-bodied red would be a great match for roast lamb; a selection of cheeses such as Manchego and Cheddar; game meat sausages; game patés; slow cooked beef with bean stew; beef tenderloin wrapped with double smoked bacon; beef stews.
      Available - February 2012

Italy - Piedmont - Nebbiolo The Region - Piedmont, "at the foot of the mountains", is located in the north-western region of Italy, between the Alps and the Mediterranean and produces mainly red wines from three grape varietals; Nebbiolo, Barbera, and Dolcetto. Famous for its mountain vistas, pretty villages, white truffles and premium quality wines, this region represents the very heart and soul of Italy's wine culture. Nebbiolo is planted in the most desirable locations within Piedmont, on the sunny south facing slopes. The average summer temperatures and rainfall are very similar to those in Bordeaux, France.
      The Wine - The name Nebbiolo comes from the frequent fogs which appear in the fall which the locals call "nebbia". Nebbiolo is responsible for some of the greatest wines of Italy. The ruby red to garnet coloured wine has aromas and flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry and plum, accented by notes of floral, earth, licorice and spice. The palate is rich with firm tannins, food-friendly acidity, and great length, all on a medium to full-bodied frame.
      The Food - This wonderful red would complement Osso Bucco; braised meats; stews; marinated leg of lamb; Parmigiano Reggiano; Brasato - beef braised in Nebbiolo; blue cheese crusted filet mignon; red wine braised short ribs; mushroom risotto.
      Available - March 2012
      Last edited by Duffbeer; 18-11-2011, 12:29 PM.
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Good effort Rob and Karl.

Torrontes Chardonnay on the way, I hope
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

I do admire your skill at squeezing more in the garage Pete!

I really need to sort mine out too, and make some room. At least there is some time till these kits show up.

Comment

I haven't made last year's Ltd Eds yet (and I have got hold of a Choc Hazelnut Port)
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Best send them up here then.

My carboys all being full is not so bad then.
              Last edited by Rich; 19-11-2011, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Another PM sent Karl.

Comment

All ltd edition kits have now been ordered.
                  National Wine Judge
                  N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Hi Duffbeer,

Did you get my PM for an order?

Thanks, Owl.
                    Last edited by owlwithoutfeathers; 05-12-2011, 07:04 PM.
                    A day without wine is a day without sunshine!

Comment

Sorted mate, just in time, they are ordering today.
                      National Wine Judge
                      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Any word on the kits?

Comment

Originally posted by krakowmike View Post
                          Any word on the kits?
                          I think the word is patience

The first two kits are due this month but I guess it could be anytime in March. I'm really looking forwards to getting my first limited edition kit on the go and hope they live up to the standard talked about of previous years kits.

Comment

This made me laugh. I'm excited as well cause this will be my first limited edition. I've never spent this much on a kit but still, it comes to 2 and some change per bottle- not bad in the grand scheme of things! I'm really looking forward to it.

Comment

Will enquire tomorrow when I place my weekly order, will keep you all informed
                              National Wine Judge
                              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Washington miritage & South African sauv blanc will be with me on Friday, will Pm you all regarding payment/delivery details.

Cheers
                                National Wine Judge
                                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                                X