Grapefest 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post
    OK Rob would appreciate that. I think you could be right.
    Would you PM address and I'll send some tomorrow.
    Sample sent first class this afternoon. Thanks again Rob.
    Simon
    "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• Well what a fantastic weekend!
      First a BIG thanks to Bob for putting on the whole event. A big thanks also to everyone else for making it such a memorable weekend.
      I find it very hard to believe the quality of the wines & beers I tasted over the weekend. The Ports I tasted that had been made & discussed in Petes talk were absolutely top class. The Elderberry one being superb. That would have been encouraging enough but there was more to come later. Daves short talk on Beer making was followed by a tasting of three beers. They were all top notch with the Summer cascade ale being the best beer I have ever tasted. I have now turned to the dark side & have begun to make beers.
      Then whilst sat around the Fire pit we tasted Simons & Robs white wines. These were described as "the best white wines I have ever tasted" by a national judge, they were head & shoulders better than any whites I have tasted for some time.
      Only a couple of years ago these people were all complete novices but can now only be descibed as top class wine & beermakers
      I now know I need to get back to some hard work & get some quality wines & beer made.

Once again thanks for all for the hospitality and friendship over the weekend.

Silverfox

Comment

• Simon

Your sample has arrived intact and will be tested tonight.

Comment

Working...
        X