X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapefest 2012

Date for the event September 22nd 2012
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
    Date for the event September 22nd 2012
    OK and whats the drill?
    Malc

Comment

Originally posted by malcmackenzie View Post
      OK and whats the drill?

Read as much of the previous grapefest forum material as possible and ......

Don't Panic !!

Comment

Will have to book some leave.. Supposed to be on shift that weekend currently.

Comment

I missed this year cause I was working on the weekend and no body wanted to swap with me. Hopefully we can attend 2012!

Comment

Originally posted by krakowmike View Post
            Hopefully we can attend 2012!
            well..... this is why i like to set the date as early as possible, so people can organise themselves

regards
            Bob
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Ok...
              I am deffo gonna see if I can attend this year !!
              I will check what shift I am on when I go back to work...
              And may juggle dates accordingly
              Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Did I imagine it, or was there going to be two separate dates for future grapefests, depending on what was available at that time ?
                Or is that too much work ect ect ?

Comment

It may turn out that we can get south African Grapes in March, but thats still pie in the sky currently, but we shall see.

regards
                  Bob
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

ooooo bladder pressing in march.
                    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                      It may turn out that we can get south African Grapes in March, but thats still pie in the sky currently, but we shall see.

regards
                      Bob
                      Ahhh ok...
                      For some reason I thought it was two separate dates near September...
                      Maybe I dreamt it ...

As luck would have it, I am working for next years Grapefest
                      I will have to wait until the turn of the year, to see if I can juggle a few dates about ....
                      Nowt is easy eh ?

Comment

must put this date in the diary and check the calendar at work so I can book the weekend off again 2011 GF was excellent, once we know what the grapes are gonna be I'll be hoping to try a Pyment and maybe I'll have even got my finger out my backside and blended and back sweetened some of the 18 or so gallons of "trad" sitting under the stairs ageing, for the post-GF drinkex......
                        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Super - 22 Sept, but where? And times?

I've pulled up half a dozen threads but can't find these trivial details. Sorry to be so dim, please point me towards the post.

Ta
                          Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
                          Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

it will be basically the same format as before.....

all held (apart from the curry) at my place in Knottingley West Yorkshire, there are bed and breakfast places nearby ranging from £30 to £75, or you can bring a sleeping bag and sleep where you drop
                            meet the night before 21st sept for a curry at the ruchee (bring your own booze ....or jello shots like fatbloke)
                            Sat is grape processing day, will start around 10.am, leading into nightime of festivities (bring your own booze) get the chance to have a taste of everyone elses stuff, and get experienced opinion on your own stuff......or just get drunk!
                            sunday genral slow morning, picking up stuff left the night before, cups of tea and off home

Last year we ran talks through the day for anyone interested, we can do the same again if people would like it

regards
                            bob
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

It looks like I'm going to have to miss it this year . I'm working at Goodwood on the 22nd. My only option would be to go home after Goodwood, unload all my trackday gear, then head up to Yorkshire. Whatever I do I'll miss the grape processing.

Gutted .
                              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
                              X