Kaptain Koomber's Keggerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjb222 View Post
    Force Carbonating works very well if you use a stone for the carbonation and keep you beer temperture cold. I built mine and used a electrical interupter for temperture control. I put a 2 micron stone into the keg on the in gas side on a hose to about 3/4 the way to the bottom of the keg. I put on about 15lbs of co2. I first force carbinate the stone then let the CO2 equalize the pressure I want. I then bleed off the CO2 slowly after the temerture is down to 1C about two min of bleed then allow the CO2 to build pressure again when that has happened I shake the keg still under pressure for a few real good ones. Allow the keg to sit under pressure over night and bingo presto done deal. I have tried with out a stone with very mixed results. The key being temperture and bubbling the co2 in through the stone. What you are acutally doing is beating off the O2 with the CO2 and replacing that O2 with CO2. Make sure there is equalization head space other wise your hard work will just be foam.
    I'll give it a shot with the brews I've got on now
    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
    -Police Squad

Comment

Working...
    X