Viognier Kenridge Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viognier Kenridge Classic

I have to say that this is one of the few kits that “does what it’s says on the tin” or should I say tastes like the description on the box. A complex wine with an apricot and peach bouquet. Just as the Pinot from Beaverdale is their star this has to be the star of the Kenridge classic white wine range.
    Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Originally posted by RTPFUN View Post
    I have to say that this is one of the few kits that “does what it’s says on the tin” or should I say tastes like the description on the box. A complex wine with an apricot and peach bouquet. Just as the Pinot from Beaverdale is their star this has to be the star of the Kenridge classic white wine range.
    That's a kit that I would like to make, but my wife hasn't been a fan of the commercial Viogniers that we have had.

Which of the other Ken Ridge Classic whites have you made?

Steve
    the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
    "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

I do this and the Pinot Grigio in the Classic Kenridge range. As for the commercial Viogniers what does the wife not like about the commercial Viogniers and may be by comparison we can win her round to give the kit a try.

Comment

How long did you age the Viognier, and any big difference between the Winexpert kits? The next kit will be a Viognier, but undecided on which producer I should go with. Likewise, the S. blanc from Kenridge came out exactly as it said on the box- very impressed with it

Comment

I am presently just clearing a WE vintners reserve viognier, I will try to remember to post the outcome in a month or two, maybe exchange a bottle through the post.
          Discount Home Brew Supplies
          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
          National Wine Judge
          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
            I am presently just clearing ........
            Karl for a second there you had me excited !! I thought you were having a sale !
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
              I am presently just clearing a WE vintners reserve viognier, I will try to remember to post the outcome in a month or two, maybe exchange a bottle through the post.
              Sounds like a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by krakowmike View Post
                How long did you age the Viognier, and any big difference between the Winexpert kits? The next kit will be a Viognier, but undecided on which producer I should go with. Likewise, the S. blanc from Kenridge came out exactly as it said on the box- very impressed with it
                Hi Sorry for late reply been on holiday and just drank the last of the Viognier which was at a ripe old age of 7 months from bottling. As a rule of thumb the better the kit the longer you leave it to mature so at least 3 months for a Kenridge Classic kit and they come to their best (whites) at about 6 months. I've not tried the WE viognier as the Kenridge hits the nail on the head for me between cost and quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                  Karl for a second there you had me excited !! I thought you were having a sale !
                  Actualy it was a clearance item, went out of date end of April, unfortunately for you I get first refusal
                  Discount Home Brew Supplies
                  Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                  Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                  National Wine Judge
                  N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Box came in today- Wine Magazine 2010 Gold winner- hmmm

Comment

Bulk aging today. Quick taste- its comparable to a commercial one. I can't wait to taste how it develops over the next few months. Very aromatic, a little peachy, slightly spicey (nowhere near a gerwurt),and a hint of fresh plum and apricot on the after taste. Light yellow/ green tinge. Hopefully this one will be a winner!

Comment

Working...
                      X