X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
    T Edwin Belt did the Elderbrry and Elderflower book
    see here

http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/s...ambucus-Nigra)

regards
    Bob
    mine has CJJ Berry written on the front !
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

ooo

I've never seen that one then

a gap in my library then!!!!!

I have first steps in winemaking
      home brewed beers and stouts
      winemaking from canned and dried fruits
      130 new recipes

What is the title? I need to complete my library!

regards
      Bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Here it is...

T Edwin Belt alike.jpg
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

hahahahahha

you turnip!
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Leon View Post
              Did it have a distinct taste that you could pin down as 'Hawthorn'? Oak leaf, good shout. I have added it to the list. I'm getting so country I have a blade of straw in my mouth and they call me Worzel. Is it a blade of straw?
              Well, in the interests of scientific research, and to help a fellow wine-maker, I have just opened a bottle of last year's hawthorn blossom. And I must say, I am very impressed! (Modest, too). It's a lovely amber colour, but as to whether I could tell you it was hawthorn just by the taste, I'd say not. But I am not an expert, I just know what I like, and I find it hard to describe wines like Oz Clarke does! I stopped it before it got too dry. I can tell it's a flower wine, but much more subtle than elderflower. I am definitely going to be making this again this year. I just can't see all that lovely blossom without thinking about wine!
              Another thought - I have never seen a recipe for sloe blossom wine. Although we can't have everyone taking that blossom, or there'd be no sloes left for all that wine and liqueur in the autumn!
              Brewing: Black Rock Cider, Milestone Olde Home Wrecker, port wines
              Conditioning: Oranje Bock Bier, about 30 demijohns of wine of various types
              Drinking: Steam Beer, Czech Pilsner, Dark Ale, lots of wine, Moonshine

Comment

Blade of straw doesn't sound right, but now you mention it, I have no idea what a piece of straw is called. We have just build an eco straw-bale building on our community garden, and I seem to go to bed every night with 'bits' of straw in my hair!!!! I guess that makes me more of a Wurzel than you!!
                Brewing: Black Rock Cider, Milestone Olde Home Wrecker, port wines
                Conditioning: Oranje Bock Bier, about 30 demijohns of wine of various types
                Drinking: Steam Beer, Czech Pilsner, Dark Ale, lots of wine, Moonshine

Comment

Originally posted by Emeraldclaire View Post
                  Well, in the interests of scientific research, and to help a fellow wine-maker, I have just opened a bottle of last year's hawthorn blossom. And I must say, I am very impressed!
                  Wow, thank you so very much for going to such lengths on my behalf, If I can ever repay the favour.... Sounds interesting, I don't suppose it matters if it has a distinctly hawthorn flavour, as long as it has a distinct flavour; well distinctly good at least.

Originally posted by Emeraldclaire View Post
                  I guess that makes me more of a Wurzel than you!!
                  Man! Out Countried!

Comment

After much cogitation the recipie I went for five litres was:

2 litres of white grape juice,
                    2.5 litres of nettle tops,
                    teaspoon of nutrient,
                    Gervin Varietal D,
                    Teaspoon of bentonite,
                    B1 tablet.

I fermented the grape juice down to 1000 then added the nettles. Even though all the recipies reccommended boiling the nettles, I wondered if that was a sign more of the time, as a few people on here have questioned the need for boiling. So in a bid to cover all bases I boiled a litre and a half of the nettles in a litre of water and added a litre straight from the field, just chopped them roughly. It's all fermenting away in my cauldron, I'll be back in a year to tell you what it tastes like.

Comment

Working...
                    X