Wineworks Superior Grape Merlot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wineworks Superior Grape Merlot

I picked up a kit called Wineworks superior grape - Merlot Style. Back in November last year I bottled it, tried a bottle at Xmas, Yuk....and 29 bottles to go:-(
    Anyway as I went to go and try a bottle of my Youngs Elderberry wine, I thought instead I would try a bottle of this Merlot.....What a surprise it's changed completely, nearly there but just not quiet there yet....will try in a couple of months...Watch this space

Don't knock until you've tried it, you never know you might like it............

Sasquatch

Richard at Wineworks did say that it needed to be aged but was more talking 1-2 months. Good to know that it is coming good at last.
    How does it taste now? By the amount of grape concentrate I would have thought it a little thin but if it has taken this long to age maybe it is better quality than I thought... from what I have read on the net the quick kits do not improve much past 2-3 months and are designed to drink almost immediately.

Comment

Hi SuzieQ,

It was one of the first wines I made having not done any for a loooooong time, I don't know why I chose this one, seemed right at the time. I am no wine expert, I enjoy a red as long as it tastes good and don't mind dabling and trying different kits as well as knocking up fruit wines which is the reason I started making wine again. This one I would put it on par with some I have bought in the shop, maybe a little light on body but very palatable. Well worth a try, and well worth the money.

Don't knock until you've tried it, you never know you might like it............

Sasquatch

Comment

Wineworks range = Beaverdale

I dont mean similar, they are identical bladders of concentrate, from the same source

which is fine of course, i am a fan of the beaverdale range

regards
        bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I recently bought a couple of the Superior kits, the bladder cap was blue and didn't look like the Beaverdales cap (if I remember, they are yellow). It also came with a second pouch which seemed to be grape concentrate. Two different white kits had the same product number on the small second pouch. I originally had success with a Premium kit a year ago so tried the Superior. Besides the extra pouch and the 1kg different in weight, are there any other differences?

Comment

Working...
          X