White Burgundy Beaverdale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Burgundy Beaverdale

Made this one 4 times now and have to say it is one of my favourites. A little more complex than the favourite Beaverdale, their Pinot Grigio. It's heavier with hints of peach and apricot with a more vinous taste and smell. The best results have been with Lalvin 71B yeast.
    Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Hello Mr Fun, what ABV did it come out at? 12%ish? And, did you find it needed many months in the bottle to get to its best?

Thanks
    Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
    Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

Hiya,

Ive made it a few times as well - lovely drop. It does come out at 12 % ish (only ever used the kit yeast on it mind you) and left it bulk aging for 6 months then in the bottle for a minimum of 2 months.

Toulouse - PM sent by the way, did you get it?

Owl.
      A day without wine is a day without sunshine!

Comment

It's about 12% ABV give or take a little. The one I'm drinking now is 12.4% calculated from the starting and finishing SG. I've always bottled this and found that at 3 months it's very good and at 6 it's as good as it gets. I've had some at 12 months and it doesn’t get any better (or worse). As for the yeast, the supplied yeast works very very well better than some I’ve tried (K1V and D47) but the 71B is worth the extra £1.25 and lifts it to the next level but keeping the taste to what a White Burgundy should be. The other yeasts produced nice wines just not wines that tasted like White Burgundy which sort of defeats the object. Give Lalvin 71B a try Owl you’ll not regret it.
        Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

Working...
        X