Westons cider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westons cider

I've recently had a visit to Westons cider mill in Hereforshire (first time) - It was pretty awesome to see those huge oak storage vats - I bought some whyld wood vintage still cider which is lovely: - has anyone made a cider from a kit or their own blend of apples/apple juice which could taste like this?

Agreed, they are nice!

Comment

It's only 10 miles or so down the road from me. Those vats are impressive, aren't they?

But no - never made any kit cider, so I'm not much use to you
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

I think this is going to be a toughy. I am sure they will use a blend of apples.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

indeed - its a shame we cant buy cider aple juice!!! - i've just grafted some Dabinett, Browns and Morgan Sweet cider apples in the hope of future experimenting with cider

Comment

guys - almost a year since this last post
            my last batch of cider (pressed october 2012) turned out to be terribly acidic - about PH3 and about 1.17g/l acid - I was geting worried about my tooth enamel
            I tried innoculating it with a Malo-lactic culture bought off the internet and it worked!
            I re-tested the acidity, and I believe it is now 0.5g/l - this took about a month; the cider turned out cloudier- but what the hell - at least I can drink it!
            BTW - all the grafts of cider apples are growing well and some have fruit buds on

Comment

Working...
            X