English sparkling wine bests French Champagne in blind tasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English sparkling wine bests French Champagne in blind tasting

English wine beats famous Moët & Chandon Champagne in blind tasting...
    Steve

Ha ha! That's where my free empty wine bottles came from..... they're a nice bunch up at Bolney.
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I ordered a case of this on the strength of the naked wines tasting.

Not a fan of Moet so it shouldn't be hard to beat.

http://markblades.com
      Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
      These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

excusez-moi.... ha ha thats fantastic

Comment

Actually, from memory, Bolney is just the latest of the wineries/vineyards local to me that have done very well against the French equivalents. I understand that both Ridgeview and Nyetimber have done well too, in recent years......
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I just placed an order as my son's birthday (he'll be turning 21) is coming up. Hopefully it will be a success.
            Last edited by NorthernWiner; 21-11-2012, 04:34 PM. Reason: Removed links in signature

Comment

Yes same in our house we’ve been drinking Chapel Down from Majestic Wine and the best thing is it’s only £16 and beats the French champagnes at twice the price. Still partial to a little Veuve Clicquot but after a meal you'd not tell them apart.
              Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

Originally posted by RTPFUN View Post
                Yes same in our house we’ve been drinking Chapel Down from Majestic Wine and the best thing is it’s only £16 and beats the French champagnes at twice the price. Still partial to a little Veuve Clicquot but after a meal you'd not tell them apart.
                My wife, who is in London on business for the next couple weeks, bought a couple of bottles of Chapel Down's Three Graces to bring home with her. Looking forward to opening one on New Year's.
                Steve

Comment

OOH!I bet that will be nice. That's a little more mature than the Vintage Reserve that we usualy have but very hard to come by unless you order a case direct from Chapel Down.
                  happy New year!
                  Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

Congrats to the people involved! Down with the French! (wine-wise :P)
                    Last edited by Duffbeer; 06-06-2014, 11:52 AM. Reason: Removed link

Comment

Working...
                    X