Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grapefest 2012...who is planning on coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grapefest 2012...who is planning on coming?

Gutted that Pete might not be there, still hoping he can escape work and come

You are not commiting yourself to anything, but i would like to have an idea of numbers for grapefest 2012

Also, would you like talks like last year or not?.....if the answer is yes, what would you like talks on?

this would also be a good time to ask any questions that may clear up any reserv ations you may have.

it is fine to just come on the day and join in, or come the night before and do the full monty fri to sun thing.

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

I'm definately planning to be there Fri-Sun (Hotel already booked)

Talks this year - YES!!

Content of talks this year - erm......erm....anything really (not helpful i know!).....anything that is going to help make better product.....
    Blending maybe??? Processes for extended bulk storage??? Tips, tricks and hints that you might not necessarily find in a book?
    "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

go on then
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Yup, same as David. Booked the time off, but not any accommodation yet.
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Want to come, but it's on our wedding anniversay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Delmonteman View Post
            Want to come, but it's on our wedding anniversay!!!
            Bring the wife and give her an anniversary she will never forget

Yes I will be there again, I had such a great time last year.

I agree with Dave blending would be a good one also testing and adjusting Ph, acid and sugar pre ferment and why there were such variations in last years grapes.

Rob
            Last edited by robwrx; 08-07-2012, 10:43 PM. Reason: Smelling pistakes

Comment

I want to come but can't arrange time off until I start the new job in August. Is Grapefest easy to get to by train?

Comment

Knottingley station is just up the road. I'd guess it's a 15 minute walk, or a £5 taxi ride.

Getting a few full 5 gal fermenters onto the train for the trip home might be more of a problem though .
                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                  Knottingley station is just up the road. I'd guess it's a 15 minute walk, or a £5 taxi ride.

Getting a few full 5 gal fermenters onto the train for the trip home might be more of a problem though .
                  I was thinking about the weird looks from the conductor lol. Is Grapefest worth going to without buying any grapes? Also, is Cellar rat planning on having any frozen grapes from this years grapes?

Comment

Originally posted by krakowmike View Post
                    Is Grapefest worth going to without buying any grapes? Also, is Cellar rat planning on having any frozen grapes from this years grapes?
                    Yes Grapefest is worth attending especially if you are planning on getting frozen grapes from Cellar Rat at a later date. Lots of discussions and the talks meant I learnt an awful lot and it gave me the confidence to just get stuck in when I got back home. It was also a pleasure to meet such a nice bunch people

Comment

Seconded
                      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Even if you dont take grapes this year, it is likely worth attending as you can have a panel of qualified judges give you feedback on your wines, and hints and tips on how to improve them

and best of all you get to taste a lot of other peoples wines, and talk winemaking nonsense till the wee hours

and drink some more wine
                        regards
                        Bob
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Did I mention .....some drinking happens

it seems to get better every year
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by krakowmike View Post
                            Also, is Cellar rat planning on having any frozen grapes from this years grapes?
                            Oh Yes but you need to go to grapefest to qualify
                            Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 10-07-2012, 06:17 AM.
                            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                              Seconded
                              Yeah Charlie Chuck
                              I'm so Fast.....the other night I got out of bed to turn the lights off and was back in bed before it went dark

Comment

Working...
                              X