Clear All

• Is mead as nice as Wine

Well?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

The poll is expired.

I'm so Fast.....the other night I got out of bed to turn the lights off and was back in bed before it went dark

I do like some of the meads I've tried, but I would still have to say nyet.
    Steve

Comment

Not many red meads !
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Our blackberry, black raspberry and elderberry meads I consider them a step above wine. We use monofloral and wildflower honeys mixed with 100% juice. The honey buffers the juice and adds body and using honey to backsweeten just right, you cant get that taste and feel in just plain old wine. Crackedcork
        WVMountaineer Jacks Elderberry and Meads USA

Comment

All drinks have their place. I always have a desert wine a mead and three types of sherry in stock ready for their moment to be the star and take place as part of a celebration. And what meal would end without a nice port? Mead better than wine? Absolutely yes, served at the appropriate time.
          Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

ooooo how would you desribe a red mead then - port-ish ?
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I must admit I was very impressed with the pyment (grape mead) I made and from only basic ingredients, interesting complexity... Made me want to try a lot more stuff with honey...

Never thought about a 'bigger' style though but will put it on the list! Might crack my pure mead open some time soon as it will be a year old now...

Comment

Thick, full bodied, rich, all kinds of different levels of flavors playing on your tongue, a hint of oak, fruit flavor in your face but tamed with the sweet force of locustwood honey. We are planning on making a buckwheat and black raspberry, the buckwheat is about as dark as you can get for honey, smash it alltogether with straight black raspberry juice, I am not sure anyone would every be able to do it justice trying to describe it, wine comp judges wont understand it, who has friends who could comprehend the layers of tastes and smells such a mead would harbour. I have to make this one year Cracked

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                ooooo how would you desribe a red mead then - port-ish ?
                WVMountaineer Jacks Elderberry and Meads USA

Comment

Mead I find rich and conforting something that is ingrained from the past yet you have never tasted it before. While wine is an aquired taste that once one learns to develop their taste buds to has such a wide varitety of flavors and dimentions layers of aromas.
                  http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Working...
                  X