No announcement yet.

Stocksbridge Homebrew (South Yorkshire)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stocksbridge Homebrew (South Yorkshire)

Many thanks to all the forum members who contacted me with help, advice and support when I started my market stall back in April. Just to let you all know that is is going from strength to strength, which I am really pleased about. I now do Stocksbridge Market on Friday, QUACK!QUACK!QUACK!QUACK!QUACK!tone Market most Saturdays (both S36) and Bradfield Farmers Market once a month (S6). From this Monday (6th August) I shall also be doing Rotherham market (outdoor market). There is a real resurgence in home beer and wine making, as well as a great deal of interest from the younger ones. The free samples go down well too!!! Thanks everyone!
    Brewing: Black Rock Cider, Milestone Olde Home Wrecker, port wines
    Conditioning: Oranje Bock Bier, about 30 demijohns of wine of various types
    Drinking: Steam Beer, Czech Pilsner, Dark Ale, lots of wine, Moonshine

Hey Claire, well done, that sounds like a busy schedule. I know it's a challenging task you've set upon and it takes hard work and guts to see it through, all the very best of luck.

If you are casting round for something different to put on a corner of your pitch, you might find someone interested in cider vinegar. You probably know it's just turbo-cider which you then put through the next process to make vinegar. Costco normally have a drinks dispenser you can retail to use as a vinegar jar. Instead of innoculating must with yeast, you innoculate the cider with a small bottle of unfiltered & unpasturised vinegar. The down-side is many folks are frightened the vinegar bacteria can contaminate your wine/beer production - not happened here (yet) but I keep the equipment separate and in different rooms.

Anyway, wish you the best of luck with your growing venture and know you'll be able to give all the free advice people need.

I'm planting more fruit bushes. The rain has given a great crop of currants this year and the young vines are getting well established. The four I planted in the spring I think I'll call fee, fi, fo & fum - going upwards like a fairy-tale beanstalk!
    Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
    Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

Working...
    X