This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Winepert LTD Edition Kits

It's that time again folks, just recieved the list of 2012 Ltd edition kits.Again prices are up slightly on last year, but there looks to be some interesting kits.

As in previous years December 1st is the order deadline & the release dates will be somewhat later than on WE website, though will be posted here correctly for UK market.As alway's WAH members get 5% discount & free delivery.
    March 2013-Argentine Malbec Bonarda £91.99
    REGION: Viñas Doña Constanza Vineyard, San Juan, Argentina
    Nestled in the Andes Mountains in western Argentina, the vineyards of San Juan get brilliant sunshine and little rain in their high desert location. The icy mountain runoff from the Andean snow pack waters the fine loamy soil to produce intensely flavourful grapes.
    WINE:
    This Malbec-dominated blend exudes the new world southern hemisphere style of wine: deep reddish purple in the glass, with aromas of dark fruit, black currants and plums. A rush of initial sweet fruit brought on by the plum element turns slightly drier, reflecting more of a blackberry flavour, finally finishing with a hint of anise. The finish is quite long with dusty dry tannins and a hint of lingering black pepper. A rich, bold wine that will pair nicely with richly prepared red meat dishes.
    AGING:
    Try to hold for at least six months before drinking. This wine will peak at 12-18 months and hold for another two years with good cellaring.
    SWEETNESS: Dry BODY: Medium Full ALCOHOL: 13.5%*
    PAIR WITH: Lamb Sandwich

March 2013- Argentine Torrontes £87.95

REGION: Cafayate Valley, Salta, Argentina
    Surrounded by mountain ranges, an average height of 1,700m above sea level, grapes grown in the Cafayate valley benefit from more than 300 sunny days a year and low-humidity mild weather.
    WINE:
    This wine’s enticing aromas are strikingly similar to Viognier: hints of peach pit, flowers, and orange citrus fruit. On the palate it has a lush structure and vibrant acidity—and plenty of body for a wine that shows such delicate aromas and flavors. Fruity and floral this wine is still quite dry.
    Best enjoyed either by itself, or as a wonderful partner with smoked meats, mild to medium-strong cheeses, and seafood.
    AGING:
    This wine will begin to show very well early on, peaking between six and 12 months and holding for another six to 12 in a good cellar.
    SWEETNESS: Dry BODY: Medium ALCOHOL: 12.5%*

April 2013-Portuguese Aragones Cabernet Sauvignon £91.99

REGION: Vinho Mountains of Northern Portugal
    The Vinho Mountains of Northern Portugal overlook the broad, stormy waters of the Atlantic Ocean, capturing both the heat of the continent and the gentle, cool breezes that pass over them. Here, Aragones reaches its full potential at a high degree of maturity, delivering deep, intense grapes. Cabernet Sauvignon also thrives here, delivering surprisingly classic character.
    WINE:
    The wine has an aromatic profile of mulberry, blackberry currants, black cherry and cedar—and in time, a hint of rockrose and spice. In the mouth it offers cherry and raspberry, blackberry and plum, with a hint of tobacco competing with the cedar notes, along with subtle vanilla and toast.
    Brilliant with lamb, duck, barbecue and aged cheeses, it’s also an excellent wine for sipping on a summer patio by itself.
    AGING:
    Aragones matures early, making this tempting to drink under six months of age, but a year of patience will be well rewarded with more subtle fruit and developed cedar/spices notes; it will hold well for another two years.
    April 2013-Portuguese Aragones Cabernet Sauvignon £91.99

SWEETNESS: Dry BODY: Medium ALCOHOL: 13.5%*

May 2013-Washington Riesling Chenin Blanc £87.95
    REGION: Dufault Vineyard, Yakima Valley, Washington, U.S.A.
    From Dufault Vineyard in the lower Yakima Valley of Washington state, this wine comes out of sandy-loam soil that runs down an extremely long south slope, ending in a drop to the Yakima river that allows for perfect air drainage. Hot, late-season sunshine and cool, breezy nights combine to make balanced, flavourful grapes.
    WINE:
    Riesling gives boldly classic apple and stone fruit aromas, while Chenin Blanc provides more subtle melon and honey notes. On the palate it shows apricot, peach, green apple, quince and honey, with zesty acidity offset by a creamy mouthfeel and perfectly balanced richness.
    An excellent food wine, it matches well with grilled chicken, pork, and seafood, but it’s also an excellent sipper on its own, juicy, thirst-quenching and delicious.
    AGING:
    Barely off-dry, this wine will be tempting to drink right on bottling day, but will show surprising flavour development over the course of a year, and will hold for two more years in a good cellar.
    SWEETNESS: Off Dry BODY: Medium ALCOHOL: 12%*

June 2013- Italian Nebbiolo (with grape skins) £112.00

REGION: Ghiardello Vineyard, Reggio Emilia, Italy
    From the Ghiardello vineyard in Reggio Emilia, in the foothills of the DOC Colli di Scandiano, Nebbiolo is a late ripener and produces wine of excellent acidity and high tannins.
    WINE:
    This is a wine of rare subtlety. Redolent with aromas of tar, rose, mint, chocolate, licorice and truffles, and rich, spicy fruit. Hints of cherries, violets, black licorice, and truffles play on the tongue with long-lasting flavour and a rich, chewy finish. Serve with red meats, stews, lamb shanks or osso buco.
    AGING:
    This gripping wine will begin to open up after six months, but the richer, more intense flavours will take at least eighteen months to show, with cherry and spicy dominating the long, fruity finish for five years or more.
    SWEETNESS: Dry BODY: Full ALCOHOL: 13%*
    Last edited by Duffbeer; 12-10-2012, 12:51 PM.
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Last call, will be ordering on Wednesday this week, if anyone want's any you need to let me know by the end of tomorrow.
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Did you get the order I PM'd you Karl?

Comment

Sure did Rob
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

how about mine?

nothing ever appears in my sent items so I can't tell if it went or not.

http://markblades.com
          Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
          These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

Cheers Karl.

Originally posted by mcblades View Post
            how about mine?

nothing ever appears in my sent items so I can't tell if it went or not.
            Click on the Settings tab on top right hand corner of screen, left hand side of next screen click on General Settings, scroll down to Private Messaging and click on Save A Copy Of Sent Messages.

Hope that helps.

Rob

Comment

thanks rob

Comment

I think I'm going to do something unprecendented, and pass this year .

I'm knee-deep in kits, and tempting though they are, the last thing I need is another unmade kit in the cupboard.

This might change after a couple of glasses of wine tonight though
                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Hi Karl,

Can you confirm whether you received my PM order or not.

thanks

Mark

Comment

Recieved Mark, sorry been a bit slack on responding.
                    National Wine Judge
                    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                    X