Cherry Juice Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry Juice Wine

This is a supermarket juice wine, very easy to make - you can use the same method as Wine No.1

The result is an uncomplicated but very drinkable rosé.

For 5 litres:

1 litre Tesco White Grape Juice
    1 litre Morrisons Cherry Juice Drink
    750g sugar (ish)
    1tsp Pectolase
    1tsp Tronozymol (or any good yeast nutrient)
    17g citric acid
    Lalvin D47 yeast (or similar)

The target SG in 4.5 litres was 1.075 (this is a light, easy-drinking wine, so not that alcoholic). I made my must up, with all the ingredients apart from the yeast, to 1.082 in 4.5 litres.

The yeast was rehydrated and pitched.

Once fermentation was well underway and the initial foaming had subsided, I topped-up to 5 litres with tap water.

Because this is an all-juice wine, there is very little lees, so it can be left to ferment out without racking.

Mine went to 0.993. Once fermentation has stopped (a few days with an unchanged SG reading), rack, degas, and stabilise with sulphite. As an extra insurance you may want to add some sorbate at this stage too, but I didn't.

I found this fell crystal-clear on its own in about a month, but you could always help it along with some finings if required.

I left it a couple of months before sampling, but I expect it would be perfectly drinkable earlier. Light, crisp, fruity but not overly cherry flavoured, very similar to your £4 supermarket rosés.

This is going on my make-quite-often list
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Sounds good Pete, I think I'll try this one too.

Can't believe you've been to two supermarkets though..

Comment

Nah - sent Mrs. Goldseal
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
      X