Wineberry Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wineberry Wine

just ordered 2 japanese wineberries so i can make wineberry wine (couldn't resist). I grow lots of fruits and vegetables and was wondering what other unusual fruits make good wines
    So far i have raspberries, strawberries, logonberries, tayberries, gooseberries, red currents, josta berries and a plum tree
    had a rubish yeaqr for plums this year and the gooseberries and josta berry were new so i only had raspberries strawberries and foraged berries(elder black berries and sloes)

Tom

There's a nursery over toward Newport where they do quite a few unusual fruiting shrubs and stuff like that. Its where I got my black raspberry from.

When I can check I'll post the details, though you may have alreday found it......
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

John, I'd be interested in a cutting or two from your black raspberry when you prune it please or a runner if does them.. (if possible, no rush..)

All I can find is black raspberry seeds, no plants. I've found a hybrid black version that is a purple type colour, but not black.

Comment

Yes by all means check and put up the details, would be good to see some more fruits to grow. i find that the 99p shop had lots of good fruit last year if you went in there at the right time (early enough that the plants are not all dried up, not too early when its too early to plant out)
        Black raspberries sound good, i think there more popular in the states. salmonberries were another one i was looking at.

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X