Summer Fruits (Boo's Blend)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Fruits (Boo's Blend)

This is the first time I have posted a recipe as I still consider myself a beginner (just completed my fourth batch) but I am so pleased with the outcome of this particular wine I thought I would share it. This is my own recipe, a mix of what I have learnt so far and a little experimentation.

Recipe: Boo’s Blend (Summer Fruits)
    Ingredients: Per Gallon
    3 x 455g Bags of Ross Summer Fruits (Frozen, from Farm Foods. £0.90p each, includes- strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, cherries, redcurrants).
    ¾ Litre Pressed Grape Juice (£0.69p Morrisons)
    3lb Sugar
    1 tsp Tartaric Acid
    1 Vitamin B1 tablet
    1 tsp Pectolase
    Yeast & Nutrient
    Quarter stick of Cinnamon, crushed. (optional).

Recipe:
    Defrost fruit, add to fermenting bucket and mash the fruit. Pour over ¾ Gallon of near-boiling water. Stir in sugar and add grape juice. Top-up to just over a gallon with water. Leave to cool and then add other ingredients (except cinnamon). Ferment pulp for 5 days, stirring daily. Strain into DJ and add cinnamon. Fit air-lock and ferment out until bubbles have almost stopped or SG falls to .990, rack and add one crushed Campden Tablet, 2x tsp of Stabilising Powder and half a cup of water with x 6 tsp of dissolved sugar. Leave to mature for two months in DJ and then rack again, leave for one more month and then bottle.

When it came to bottling (yesterday), the wine was almost crystal-clear. It tasted fresh & fruity with a soft, warm aroma- I think the cinnamon helped with the aroma. The wine was balanced and I was amazed at how well it tasted at such an early stage. I will leave it for next summer before drinking.
    Last edited by Boo; 16-07-2006, 11:57 AM.
    Boo
Working...
X