Grapefest 2013 who is coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapefest 2013 who is coming

A new year brings a new grapefest, I did the first one in 2005 (seems like a lifetime ago) so this is grapefest 9

We will be doing the standard curry the night before (Friday 20th)

The Saturday will begin around 10.30 (to allow hangovers to subside) but you may turn up earlier if you wish to talk winemaking twaddle

I would like ideas for subjects for talks in the afternoon and will limit it to two talks (which will again be videod and put on the youtube channel so those who cannot attend can still partake)

and then its drinkypoos and merryment till the wee hours.

wine swap will be on the card again, but maybe we will do that earlier before everyone is trollied

hope to see you all there

If you are thinking about it, or have any questions please feel free to ask, if you attend you will enjoy it and maybe learn some stuff too.

It is the perfect day for brand new winemakers so dont feel you need any expertise at all.

Bring yourself, a sleeping bag and some clothes you dont mind getting messed up with grape juice

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Happy New Grapefest
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

lol

that is the date we decided isn't it? i think everyone thought it was better to go later and get the higher sugars and lower acids that seem to go with later arrivals.

Can't believe this is my 9th Grapefest, seems only like yesterday when I sourced the first grapes from Smithfield market
      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Mother nature keeps her own diary!

You can never win with grapes - too early in you miss the bigger sugars (& Monty). Too late and you miss the early varietals.

20th sounds good.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Won't make Grapefest, unfortunately, but may be popping in around April or May for a short visit if you're around. The missus is expected to spend some time in London on business and I'm planning to tag along. I thought I might hire a car and drive up to Knottingley for a day. No details yet, though.
          Steve

Comment

Yes i'll be there.

Steve - sounds like a mid season grapefest planning meeting. Good plan.
            Simon
            "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post
              Steve - sounds like a mid season grapefest planning meeting. Good plan.
              Simon, you can call it that, if you like. I'm just going to call it a good excuse to chat up some friends and get tanked, lol.
              Steve

Comment

Does a fat dog fart ? Does the Pope wear a silly hat? Do bears carp in the woods ?
                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                  I thought I might hire a car and drive up to Knottingley for a day. No details yet, though.
                  A trip to the ruchee may be in order?

grand central trains do a service to Doncaster that only takes 1hr 20 mins and it is about 38 pounds return, and of course you could stay over if you wished
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                    A trip to the ruchee may be in order?

grand central trains do a service to Doncaster that only takes 1hr 20 mins and it is about 38 pounds return, and of course you could stay over if you wished
                    Well, if I do make it there (and believe me, this all hinges on Kellie's work) a trip to Ruchee will definitely be in order. Re train, I hadn't considered Doncaster. I had looked at a route from London to Knottingley with a changeover in Leeds. That was a 3.5 hr trip priced at £61.00 with the return. Still not bad.
                    Steve

Comment

Count me in! Looking forward to it already!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                        Mother nature keeps her own diary!

You can never win with grapes - too early in you miss the bigger sugars (& Monty). Too late and you miss the early varietals.
                        Simples! You freeze the early varieties

Yes I will be there again this year. I'll try and not be such a lightweight this year. I think I fell asleep on the sofa before Karl last year

Comment

It's in the diary. I'll be there.
                          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                            It's in the diary. I'll be there.
                            This! Ill be there as per......

(and try not to leave my keys at the Rushee this time!!!)
                            "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

Yup. Rushee tooo. Perhaps a smidge earlier this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X