No announcement yet.

Grapefest 2013 who is coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to get along but it's quite a treck from my neck of the woods. Anyone else from S. Wales interested in sharing costs/driving etc?
    Cheers,
    Dave.
    If I won the lottery I'd spend half the money on wine, women and song.
    But I'd probably just waste the rest of it!

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd say hello! I'm a 24 yo Welsh lad moving to N Yorkshire next month. Been following this forum on and off for three years now. Was hoping to join a homebrew circle when I lived in Middlesbrough, but a move south in 2011 with my partner's job stopped me from going any further.

I've experimented with a few wine kits, and have been pleased with the results. I've spent a bit of money on some equipment (carboys, airlocks, heaters, buckets, thermocapsuler, buon vino filter, etc), and I would incredibly value any information I can get first hand, and speak to other like-minded folk.

Is grapefest open to anyone?

Cheers,

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by u01dtj6 View Post
        Is grapefest open to anyone?

Cheers,

Dan
        Yes!

I was a complete novice 2 years ago and was made to feel very welcome by a great bunch of blokes from all corners of the UK. I would strongly urge anyone with an interest in homebrew to go along to Grapefest even if you decide not to have any grapes on the day. It is such an amazing opportunity to talk winemaking and learn loads from a very talented group of people.

Rob

Comment

Hi Dan

you would be most welcome

regards
          Bob
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I third that! My first year last year was great. Very relaxed and informal and great getting to know fellow wine makers and the wine is second to none and the most authentic homemade wine you can make. Adding water to concentrate just doesn't compare.

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to wine making but would love to attend something like this if possible.. It doesn't look easy to get grapes for wine making and this looks like a fantastic event!

Ive done a bit of searching and cant work out where it is being held?

Cheers
              Craig

Comment

Knottingley West Yorkshire
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Thanks, I live reasonably close, only 40 mins away! Sounds perfect..

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpyuk View Post
                    Thanks, I live reasonably close, only 40 mins away! Sounds perfect..

Cheers
                    It's a 5 hour drive for me (I'm closer to Paris as the crow flies), so if you didn't like 40 minutes, then you'd have to qualify for "wuss of the year" Craig. It's brilliant, even the chance of pillaging the minds of our "Yoda's", like Bob, Karl and a number of others, it's worth it's weight...... the grapes etc are a bonus !

Oh and welcome etc.......
                    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Oh go on then, I'll pop over and do some of that wine stuff
                      With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Ok so to make sure I book the right weekend, the weekend of the 20th sept is that correct ?
                        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Yes John, I believe Grapefest is on 21st September.

Comment

All sorted this year bringing the new camper and coming over for the curry can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                              All sorted this year bringing the new camper and coming over for the curry can't wait
                              Oooo! There's posh........

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I've been downmanned until the rig gets setup for the next job. Won't know what my shift pattern is going to be like for another week or so, so it is up in the air if I'll be able to go.
                                Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                                Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                                -Police Squad

Comment

Working...
                                X