This years Grape order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, it was nothing.

eBay. local paper and local auction yard now being trolled for a chest freezer of modest size and even more modest price. I have a hunch that freezers are probably like sheds and greenhouses, i.e. there is never a sensible reason to buy a small one. However Mrs LePlot seems to think it would be a mistake to freeze more than I'm likely to use over the weekend.

Pinot Noir, now 3 years old has got it's first proper crop on it. I'm not following traditional patterns but growing it tall and wide on a trellis a-top the garden wall. Although I've been pretty brutal in pruning it must have 30 bunches and they are swelling nicely. If we can eek out a few more weeks of sunshine and I can keep the blackbirds off it I might get a DJ of my very own Burgundy!
    Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
    Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

I see entre deux mers got wiped out by hail this week. I doubt those trucks of grapes will make it to albion, the perfidious frogs will snatch them all.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
      Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
      Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

Working...
      X