View Poll Results: What was the biggest thing you gained from grapefest

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • The processing of fresh grapes

3 33.33%
  • The talks and demos

2 22.22%
  • Getting an opinion on my wine (from someone quailified to give it)

1 11.11%
  • Mingling with other wine makers and gaining knowledge from them

6 66.67%
  • A general social event where friends were made

4 44.44%
  • Starting fires (Simon)

1 11.11%
  • All of the above

1 11.11%
  • Frankie Boyle/Proclaimer jibes at koomber

4 44.44%
  • Singing "i would walk 500 miles"

4 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: This years Grape order

lol @ missed out a very
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Quote Originally Posted by ToulouseLePlot View Post
    You think that's an answer to my question? You are so cute. xxx
    Tis the only answer I have, as every year is different, and we are at the mercy of the weather, the varietals have never arrived at the same time for the last 9 years I have been making grape wine, the suppliers shrug their shoulders and tell me, they will come when they come!

I've been described as lots of things but that's the first "cute"
    N.G.W.B.J.

Quote Originally Posted by lockwood1956 View Post
    but that's the first "cute"
    It's probably also the last
    N.G.W.B.J.

Mr Rat,

Thank you very much. I appreciate the timetable is not given under oath and has a warranty about as reliable as Arthur Daley's motors. I have a daughter, more than one actually, but the one I have in mind is producing an off-shoot to the LePlot dynasty in mid September (about as reliable a date as all the others in this conversation). I need to order my affairs with considerable care, notwithstanding the vagaries of Mother Nature and the law Murphy bequeathed us, and I think shooting for 100kg of Sangiovese and 100kg of Montepulciano followed up with 75kg of chum's greenhouse white may just be achievable.

It would actually be quite interesting to make a note of the dates these things arrive over the years and see how they vary. But I'm grateful for the product of your experience. You must have similar scheduling questions as I know you flog around the country selflessly in these interesting weeks.

Best wishes for success to all in the 2013 harvest!
    Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
    Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

75kg of chum's greenhouse white.
    He would be well advised to freeze these as they come ripe. This boosts the overall quality of the finished batch dramatically IMO.
    Raising the sugars & lowering the acids.

Further it also enables you to ferment them at will, in the later cooler months (easier/better winemaking) and most importantly once grandfatherly duties have been attended to.

Congratulations
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free you gotta love this red wine diet!

Thank you, it was nothing.

eBay. local paper and local auction yard now being trolled for a chest freezer of modest size and even more modest price. I have a hunch that freezers are probably like sheds and greenhouses, i.e. there is never a sensible reason to buy a small one. However Mrs LePlot seems to think it would be a mistake to freeze more than I'm likely to use over the weekend.

Pinot Noir, now 3 years old has got it's first proper crop on it. I'm not following traditional patterns but growing it tall and wide on a trellis a-top the garden wall. Although I've been pretty brutal in pruning it must have 30 bunches and they are swelling nicely. If we can eek out a few more weeks of sunshine and I can keep the blackbirds off it I might get a DJ of my very own Burgundy!
    Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.

I see entre deux mers got wiped out by hail this week. I doubt those trucks of grapes will make it to albion, the perfidious frogs will snatch them all.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345