Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SG Readings

Hi Guys

Kenridge Classic Sauvignon Blanc kit has been fermenting for the last 3 days and i havent touch it apart from a quick peek this morning. Bubbling nicely. The instructions say nothing about stirring and taking SG readings during the first 7 days. Do you think i should do this anyway?. Playing the waiting game and keep looking at the bucket. Nearly bought another kit today to help me forget about the first lol.

I would leave it to do its thing.. No need to stir or check SG whilst its bubbling away..

I know it's easy to say!

Comment

get 700g sugar, a litre of apple juice and a litre of white grape juice....that will keep you occupied
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

The instructions say nothing about stirring and taking SG readings during the first 7 days.

Following the instructions is good!

Shame they don't directly instruct to be patient!

RAB

Comment

Patience has never been my finer point, but I suppose that is what is required and something i must live with. Bob is that the No1 wine you allude too?. Nearly bought the Beaverdale Barolo today but held off due to going away. What do you guys think of this kit?

Comment

Yes that's the wine No 1, it will not disappoint

Beaverdale Barolo?
            in my humble opinion it's the best pound for pound kit available (change the yeast)

regards
            Bob
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
              Yes that's the wine No 1, it will not disappoint

Beaverdale Barolo?
              in my humble opinion it's the best pound for pound kit available (change the yeast)

regards
              Bob
              hi bob what yeast would you use.

Comment

Working...
              X