sugar to syrup conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sugar to syrup conversion

Does anybody know the sugar to syrup conversion rate.

i.e 1lb sugar equals 450 ml golden syrup?

Or put another way I want to make some ginger beer with syrup instead of granulated sugar - how much syrup do I need ?
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Certainly not exactly your ad hoc conversion. Might be fortuitously close, but I wouldn't even guess. SG of the syrup could be used with sugar syrup density tables on the net (I know honey at around 80% sugar has a density of around 1.45.

My sugestion is to put your refractometer to use? Or just 'suck it and see', using the ubiquitous hydrometer as a measuring stick?

Regards, RAB

Comment

Yeah - it is probably not worth the time and effort, trying to work it out

If I put the refractometer to use (and a pen and paper)will know for next time.

thanks
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I looked at a tin of Late and Tyle syrup. It says 80.5% sugar. Finding the sg is too hard for me on this phone thing (I-phone).

RAB

Comment

80% would certainly be a good starting point.

Comment

Working...
          X