• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now drinking..

Show me the way to Tempranillo
    Every night I have been supping my Merlot
    Dreaming dreams of Tempranillo
    And sweet berries that wait for me

Oak aged 2012 Tempranillo is now drinking and a mighty fine drop it has turned into.

Has anybody else make a start ?
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

No but getting very tempted... Bottles are all ready, just need to get round to putting the wine in them!

Comment

haha

great lyrics Brian

I am just about to bottle the 2010!
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
        ...aged 2012...
        Heh heh.... I think this is called an oxymoron.

Most of my 2012 red wines are still another year away from bottling. Well, except the ones I make for the in-laws, that is. They would happily plop a big straw right into the fermenter if they could.
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
          Heh heh.... I think this is called an oxymoron.

Most of my 2012 red wines are still another year away from bottling. Well, except the ones I make for the in-laws, that is. They would happily plop a big straw right into the fermenter if they could.
          Good to read that the in laws are tasteful people. Obviously quality stock.

None of this sloshing it round the glass for the aroma of "ah, yes. Elderberry, with tobacco and a touch of freshly sawn oak" nonsense....

Get it dahn yer 'ed mate.....its wine......made for drinkin'

On the other hand, I wouldn't know my ar5e from my elbow about whether the 2012 gf pyment is "improving" or not.......

Just hoping that its not time wasted when I could be drinking it......
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

My 2012 tempranillo is still waiting to be bottled. What i have tried is still a bit heavy on the acid side... Is this to be expected and will ageing cure this?

I was hoping to bring some for feedback at GF2014 but, for one reason and another, I am unable to get there again this year...

Cue second sad face of the evening...

Comment

2012 Temp nearly gone now (very sad face) been a blinder.

still a bit heavy on the acid side
              I would help it out before bottling - is is acidity or tannin?
              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Most of my 2012 Temp (courtesy of Mr C.Rat) was 'married off' to 2013 Granache and is oak aging quietly in a cool corner of my winery. I just have a couple of gallons in DJ's which I was planning to bottle later this year.
                Cheers,
                Dave.
                If I won the lottery I'd spend half the money on wine, women and song.
                But I'd probably just waste the rest of it!

Comment

My Tempranillo 2012 is still bulk ageing. May bottle in the next few months (and then hide the bottles).
                  Simon
                  "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                    2012 Temp nearly gone now (very sad face) been a blinder.

I would help it out before bottling - is is acidity or tannin?
                    I'm pretty sure it's acidity but would admit my palate is still in training... I might give another half bottle a go at the weekend.

I take from these comments there's still room for plenty of development then...
                    Cheers all!

Comment

Working...
                    X