Grapefest 2013 Frozen Grape Online Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapefest 2013 Frozen Grape Online Order

This year the grapes will be processed and fresh frozen as they arrive. This will give us greater freshness and greater variety. The chances are better than ever for getting your first choice!

For Grapefest 2013 the following grapes should be available (based on last year)

Italian Trebbiano (white)
    Italian WHITE Monty << please refer to this as White Monty (to avoid confusion)
    Italian Shiraz (black)
    Italian Montepulciano (black)
    Italian Sangiovese (black)
    Italian Merlot (black)
    Italian Primitivo/Zinfandel (very black)
    Spanish Garnacha (black)
    Spanish Tempranillo (black)

The grapes will be £65 per 25 L drum. This is a discounted price for grapes ordered & delivered to Grapefest 2013.

Ordering

If you would like some grapes post your order here as a reply and then please get your money to me.

Please also consider your second choice or the words 'none'

For example reply ...

10 x Merlot (2nd choice Sangiovese)
    - or -
    5 x Trebbiano (2nd choice none)

Payment
    Same as previous years- please make a transfer to account 29 36 26 60 sort code 30-84-52
    name B Peacock.
    Remember to put your WaH name in the reference – this will save you paying for other peoples grapes !

I would rather not use Paypal, as there is a fee to pay.

Confirmation
    When monies arrive I will update the PDF attached to THIS POST as confirmation.
    If your order doesn't make it onto the spreadsheet – just panic.
    NEW THIS YEAR: I will also update the PDF when your grapes arrive and are safely in the freezer.

Last Orders Gentlemen pleeeeease!!
    All orders for delivery at grapefest need to placed before Saturday 15 September. I will put the final orders on the PDF and we can all check it. With the exception Montepulciano I expect all grapes awaiting delivery (frozen) by this time.

Delivery
    All grapes, which have been paid for, will be on the PDF, will be delivered to Grapefest.

Communications
    Previous years have worked brilliantly. PLEASE! Lets use the forum – it organised things much better than loads of phone calls & emails etc etc (which only result in me scribbling on fag packets, which often grow legs and run off – never to be seen again)

Final notes
    Rumour has it to do to the good weather , this year's vintage is expected to be early this year so we should get a full selection. With excellent sugars, acids & flavour. Giliegiolo will of course be back on the map this year, for those of you who missed it last year.

NONE of the varieties above are confirmed until they start to arrive.

PLEASE DON'T PM me please, simply because it is something I don’t remember to check often enough.

I think that's it - any questions post em here and I will do my best..

Here is the latest order PDF (please see last one - I can't delete them)...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 27-08-2013, 05:42 PM. Reason: PDF wrestling
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Ooooo! Bloody marvellous young Brian......

I'll sort my order when I get home (just wanted to be a smart ar5e and givethe first rhetorical pat on the back for your efforts)........
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Any rough idea what a 25 litre drum is equivalent to in old Grapefest 'cases'? Also, is increments of 25 litres the only feasible unit?
      Simon
      "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

In absence of other views I'll give you this observation. 1 kg water = 1 L; grapes are a little more dense than water (they sink) but as they are 72.5% water ( Pambianchi, 2008) use 1.1 kg = 1L as a guide. Grape boxes are 10 Kg. 25 L if no headroom = 27.5kg. Stems probably account for 5% of weight so somehow I'm pointing a finger at roughly 3 cases go into 25L.

So if the 25L pails are full, it looks like 3 cases to me. It does differ from variety and stuff but you need 5 cases to do a full 30 bottle run in my very humble opinion, on very short experience (4 brews) with reasonable home based equipment (hand de-stemming, 5L press).
        Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
        Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

That's a great rough guide, but the boxes are (I think) 9kg

however, there are no stems in these, Brian's machine removes them (tis super duper)

I cant get my head around the calculation right now...but might look later
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

There is not an easy answer to this. Different grape varieties on different vintages vary tremedously. We really are into length of a piece of string.
            In all honesty I do not know what the figures are.

Here's why
            - the grapes are bought by weight not juice volume.
            - Juiciness (if thats how you spell it) vaires - did it rain the day before harvest or has it been dry?
            - Thickness and amount of stalk varies per variety
            - Small bunches or larger?
            - Most importantly berry size!!
            - MOG - particularly in Spanish varieties! I have found gloves !! but not yet fingers!
            - Crusher de-stalker effiecency (both ways)

If anything this is a better solution, because you get 100% product.

I have (for everyones benefit - mine included) shy-ed away from individual variety pricing, bases on cases.

I hope that has helped, although I appreciate you probably wanted a nice round number it varies wildy between 4 and 7.
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I defer to the experience of my betters. Please ignore my amateurish ramblings. Let me know how you get on.
              Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
              Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

Nobody here is your better
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Your calculation is the closest anyone ever came to it
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Ah, well, my calculation goes like this.......

"This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed at home"......

Etc etc
                    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

This little piggy went QUACK!QUACK!QUACK!QUACK! me this jello shot is strong!
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Brian: are the white varieties supplied as crushed grapes, or as pressed juice? I'm assuming the former (but hoping for the latter!). It would be worth pointing out for any newcomers that, if supplied as crushed grapes, these will need pressing after thawing and before fermentation.
                          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

In short - curshed.

That way the winemaker has the choice to press them or not. Some of our traditional customers do not press white grapes until after fermentation - some even do whole bunches. Some prefer to use a full reductive method. There is a recent movement for allowing skin contact for 2 to 3 days which is said to add complexity and a depth to the finished wine.

Comment

1 drum of Shiraz
                              1 drum of Merlot
                              1 drum of Primitivo/Zinfandel

for alternatives, whatever you think is good.......

plus PM on it's way re £'s......

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
                              X