X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
    For 5 Gallons..

5 litres cranberry and raspberry
    5 litres white grape juice (you could use red if you wanted, but I think white works better)
    Sugar to an SG of 1.080 (about 3.5 kilos/7.5lbs but use your hydrometer)
    5 tsp yeast nutrient
    between 2 and 5 tsp acid (tartaric or citric) use test kit or taste buds to determine acid levels
    1pkt good quality yeast (I favour lalvin K1V-1116 or Lalvin 71B-1122)
    well it's gonna be handy, in the very near future, because "they" are opening a morrisons in Worthing..... not really a great coup, but it's been a while since safeways moved out and removed the possibility of having a morrisons, post-takeover of course.

Plus, because this site is run by the "yorkshire massif" it means that it should be easier to get some of the identical juices as those mentioned (I've tried 2 with "equivalent" juice and they've not done so well)
    you may wish to add some pectolase (1 tsp per gallon) I use it in everything now, just to be sure, same goes for bentonite...1 tsp per gallon in everything now.

hope this helps
    regards
    Bob
    The pectolase wisdom, I get, but are you saying that you now use bentonite for fining as a matter of course Bob? or are you using it for something different (thinking that it might be used for reducing acid levels or similar) ?????

regards

jtfb
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
    X