Thanks Bob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Bob

Just a quick thankyou to Bob and Martina for hosting Grapefest again.
    Enjoyable day despite the delivery delays.
    Good to meet everyone again.
    Thanks, Crusher.

Yes a very big thank you to Bob for a great day and also a thank you to Martina for the lovely food this evening. The meatballs in the cheesy sauce were ace!

The brilliant team work meant the processing of the grapes went really smoothly and quickly.

I too would like to say that it was great to meet everyone again and thanks to all who brought wine to try as it is a great way to gauge how good or bad my wines are.

Cheers

Rob

Comment

Thanks to Bob and Martina from one very tired but very happy DaveH
      "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

Ditto the sentiments above. A marvellous weekend was had. Bob, Martina, Anne-marie, etc etc, all your efforts were very much appreciated.........

Hope everyone who got grapes gets a good results. I'll have to wait for my efforts until the bleedin' builders have finished (TVM to Brian for holding on to my frozen stuff till I've got room).

Karl (Benny, from now on chap ), and Sharpie, both memorable as ever.........
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Thanks to Bob and Martina. Good effort from everyone to process the grapes in record time,

The standard of Grapefest wine is improving markedly.

Oh, and thanks to everyone for paying for my Port kit

And finally, thanks to Darren for best comedy moment: walking into a glass door twice within 0,2 second
          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

As ever Bob and Martina were wonderful hosts. Thank you

OK there was an unforseen hiccup that was out of everyones control, but it didn't spoil the day at all

Very pleased with the quality of the grapes and hoping the time spent hand processing will prove fruitful.

Additional thanks to whomever processed my Temp and Nero whilst I was otherwise engaged
            With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Indeed, thank you Bob and Martina for a great weekend. I actually preferred processing the grapes later, gave us all a chance to discuss stuff whilst sober. Looking forward already to GF14. Echo the quality, certainly the best I have had in my short 4 years doing Grapefest.

Great to see you all again and if any of you find yourselves in my neck of the woods don't hesitate to PM me.
              Simon
              "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Huge thanks folks. Hopefully next year I will not only find the time to get myself back down again but will get my hands dirty this time. I'll try not to bug you all too much with my newbie questions

Alan

Comment

A fab weekend, and despite the hiccups I enjoyed it greatly. Thank you for being such good house guests

Lovely to spend the time getting to know each other a little better whilst sober and waiting for grapes to arrive!!!

Are we all still up for later start next year? (maybe not as late as this year)

I suppose it depends what we want to do with it, talks, raffles, wine swaps?

The quality of the wines presented for sharing this year was excellent, we really do seem to be getting the hang of this mallarkey

Next year is grapefest 10!!!!!!

Maybe we should celebrate somehow?

regards
                  bob
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Cake! That's it, there was a distinct lack of cake.

Cake should definitely be incorporated into GF X

11/12 would've been perfect timing I think

Comment

Originally posted by ukric View Post
                      Cake should definitely be incorporated into GF X
                      .. thanks Ric, for volunteering to make cake for GF 2014
                      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                        .. thanks Ric, for volunteering to make cake for GF 2014
                        Damn, thwarted by my own request!

Comment

Originally posted by ukric View Post
                          Damn, thwarted by my own request!
                          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I would just like to say what a great time I had.
                            Thanks Bob & Martina.
                            Processing the Grapes later gave Simon & myself more time to pick & process the Elderberries anyway.
                            I am already looking forward to Grapefest "10" 2014.
                            Dont forget the Port for next year!
                            I know some of you won't remember comitting to making some & bringing it to Grapefest!
                            Also I think we should all make some sort of cake for the evening.

Thanks Silverfox

Comment

[QUOTE=, thanks to Darren for best comedy moment: walking into a glass door twice within 0,2 second [/QUOTE]

Great weekend nice to catch up with so many people thanks to Bob Martina Ann-marie for all the food etc it was a long day Saturday but well worth it

Comment

Working...
                              X