RC 212 nutrient theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC 212 nutrient theory

Is there any evidence to support this theory?

If you run a fermentation at a cooler temperature (say 20° C) it will take longer to ferment out than the same fermentation run at 30° C.

With RC 212 (or any yeast) does a prolonged cooler fermentation require more nutrient, whereas a faster shorter one does not.

To explore this further, do people who have had nutrient issues know the temperature and the duration of the ferment?
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

I do not know if it takes more nutrient to ferment in a cooler temperature or not. What I do know is that yeast nutrient is a salt based same as a fertilizer and if not totally consumed you will get a salty flavor to the wine. RC 212 is more susceptible to temperature swings as well this yeast is noted to make good reds but needs to be taken care of with proper temperature and feeding additions or off flavors due to yeast stress will occur. This is not a yeast I would be recommending to a first time brewer nor one I would use to experiment with. Just some thoughts I know you love to play Cellar Rat.
    http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Working...
    X