No announcement yet.

Are these PET bottles good enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to mention, after filling the 20L, I have just enough to fill that and 1 750ml bottle. They are labeled as 20L but if you fill up to the top, if feels closer to 22L.

Comment

Thanks for the update - this is good info.

I have been trying to think of a way to use these for dispense.
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Just decanted from the 20L to the 10L and bottled a bakers dozen. They'll probably be at least 15 bottles in the 10L bottle. Unlike the HDPE, it did not stain red or retain any smells.

Comment

marks out of 10?
          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

So far I'm really pleased. Ill keep you updated as I bottle and decant.

Comment

Originally posted by krakowmike View Post
              So far I'm really pleased. Ill keep you updated as I bottle and decant.
              Ha! might have to review this thread and order some in. The stacking thing would be very handy right now........
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Best thing for me is they stack inside an Ikea book case wuth doors so the Mrs us happy as well! I can bulk age 6 kits at any one time.

Comment

These might be good for brewing beer? has anybody done secondary fermentation of beer in PET?

Comment

very useful thread this - is Mike still around to maybe give an update on his experiences with these PETS?

Comment

I know this is an old thread but could anyone tell if these or better bottles ok for primary fermenting kit wines in a cupboard which a stat controlled tubular heater providing a stable temp controlled area.

Comment

Working...
                      X