Free fermenters ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free fermenters ??

Just been to the cash-and-carry and found these !!

fonthill.jpg

FONTHILL mineral water £6 and it comes in a 15 L PET container. These are not quite as robust as the water dispenser bottles that are returnable - but nevertheless quite good. And it's a real shame they are not 20 L !!

I am planning to have a go to see if mineral water makes a difference to beer - as our water it REEEEEEALLY hard.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
    Just been to the cash-and-carry and found these !!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3234[/ATTACH]

FONTHILL mineral water £6 and it comes in a 15 L PET container. These are not quite as robust as the water dispenser bottles that are returnable - but nevertheless quite good. And it's a real shame they are not 20 L !!

I am planning to have a go to see if mineral water makes a difference to beer - as our water it REEEEEEALLY hard.
    You should check the label first Brian. The stuff I cart around is bottled south of Maidstone and while the spring/aquifer is through sandstone, its still via the underlying chalk etc.

It's one of the reasons I use RO water, as that's got just about everything taken out. Hell, if you wanted, I believe you can get mineral packs to mimic regional water in distilled/RO......

The label should give you enough info about where its bottled etc and often with a mineral breakdown but if not, they probably have a website that gives the info so you can compare it to the spec from your local water authority......

Right now, even I'm thinking of having a crack at a beer since todays mailer from Brouwland listed a nice sounding milk stout........
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Bu33er. Good point John.

Carbon filtered and hardness adjusted I understand, but do you not think - for beer- RO is a bit toooo far ?
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
        Bu33er. Good point John.

Carbon filtered and hardness adjusted I understand, but do you not think - for beer- RO is a bit toooo far ?
        Well unless it's distilled water with the added minerals to mimic a specific recipe - say something from the Burton area, springs to mind. It really does seem that the softer the water the better for so much home brewing - even the Pro's in hard water area seem to treat their oggin before using it........

If nothing else, it's something else that you don't need to worry about affecting flavours etc, which seems especially important for beers, etc......
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
        X