The purple bread machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The purple bread machine

I thought I would share this, I did it for another project, but thought it was sort of relevant here.

I have been making bread for quite a while on and off. I have recently been exploring easy bread, which led me onto a method that does not require kneading at all.

It started off with something I read in the Calvel's book which was taken further by Dan Leopard - which set me off down the road of how easy can you make fresh bread in a modern hectic life. I have made all the bread we eat for almost two years now.

The answer is it's much easier than you thought possible.

Any thoughts, comments or corrections would be welcome.

PS - I have tried it with leftover wine yeast. works fine
    Attached Files
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Well all that stuff in the link is hard work.........

the easiest bread is this........

open bread maker, add ingredient pack, add correct measure of water, close lid, switch on power, set programme, press start......

couple hours later..........bingo ! Bread has magically appeared in the machine

remove and enjoy.......
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

John, your correct, bread maker is easy but the bread is no better than "commercial" stuff. I've tried lots of recipes, most are OK but thats about all. My bread maker never gets used since I started with "no knead" baking.
      Some of the best bread I've made is Sourdough, and as a bonus this recipe is easy to make.

1 cup Granery flour
      2.5 cups White bread flour
      1.5 tsp salt
      1.5 cups water
      Quarter cup Sourdough Starter (you can use Instant Yeast, about quarter teaspoon, but the flavour will be different)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and put it in a plastic bag to rise overnight.
      Next day tip dough out onto a floured surface and gently spread it out to form a rectangle. Fold in thirds then fold in half. Cover and rest for 15 to 30 mins. Shape into ball, put in well floured basket and prove for 1 to 2 hours till about doubled. Gently pop into pre-heated Dutch Oven (I use a 3lt, lidded, cast iron oval casserole dish) Bake, with lid on, for about 45 mins.

Fantastic, crusty loaf, full of flavour. This method has never failed to make me a realy good loaf.
      As an added bonus I make a version with Spelt Flour which my wife can eat. She has Wheat intolerance but because of the effect the sourdough starter has on the flour, and the lower gluten content of Spelt she can digest this bread OK and it also tastes great.

Comment

Part of the problem I had with bread machines with the size of the loaf and the beater in the bottom.

this really is so easy. Never thought of cooking it in a Dutch oven!! There's one to try.

PS. This is cheaper than any bread machine
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
        X