No announcement yet.

Grapefest Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

erm, given that the brix on the Tempranillo was 24 I'm slightly perturbed to find that in less than a week I'm at an SG of 1.000 Eeek Looks like I'm pressing tomorrow
    With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Originally posted by ukric View Post
      erm, given that the brix on the Tempranillo was 24 I'm slightly perturbed to find that in less than a week I'm at an SG of 1.000 Eeek Looks like I'm pressing tomorrow
      Well, both my Grenache and Tempranillo have slowed markedly, so I'm likely gonna leave it with a bi-daily punch down to keep the caps moist before I think of pressing........
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Managed to get 6.5 gallon out of 5 boxes on the hand destemmed. Doing the machine processed tonight
        With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Pressed the grapes today, the skins sank last night, this is the first time I have left the skins this long before pressing, have intended doing it each year but always bottle out

from 6 boxes of Merlot cab blend I got 7 gallons

from 5 boxes of Grenache. 7 gallons
          from 5 boxes of Tempranillo 7 gallons ( just over)

those totals will will likely drop by half to one gall. When racked from gross lees, maybe tomorrow.

the colour on all batches is incredibly dark, much darker thanrevious years, from extra skin time

happy puppy
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Bob, Still not had the bottle for this yet. Next year maybe.

14 day - has the alcohol fermentation finished and they sunk? or was this as much as you dare?
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I pressed yesterday and racked off gross lees today.
              5 boxes of Grenache yielded 1 completely full better bottle after racking of lees.
              5 boxes Tempranillo yielded 6 gallons.

Update on the white
              2 boxes of Airen - = 1.5 clean gallons. Have to say so far it is proving much better than the Trebbiano. Nice citrus fruit aromas but early days.
              Simon
              "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Anyone checked acid on the Airen? I got around 1 (as sulphuric)!
                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                  Anyone checked acid on the Airen? I got around 1 (as sulphuric)!
                  Yep - sure is low - see earlier in the thread. I added 11 grams tartaric + 8 grams malic into my must to get the decent numbers.
                  Simon
                  "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Working...
                  X