Grapefest Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 boxes assuming reasonable cost as in previous years

Early breakfasts, more than happy to chip in. Do we have someone organising this?
    With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Originally posted by ukric View Post
      10 boxes assuming reasonable cost as in previous years

-----snip-----
      Well seeing as I can't remember how much they worked out, I was thinking enough to fill 2 X 25 llitre buckets..........
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Do we have someone organising this?
        Looks like its me!

oh...... did you mean the breakfasts?
        (I will likely be collecting the grapes)
        Last edited by lockwood1956; 21-08-2014, 09:27 PM.
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Probably 10 ish boxes of white (eek!).
          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Likely 10 boxes ish. Happy to help in any way.
            Simon
            "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

10 boxes please bob im up for some driving if it helps

Comment

Since the big man is doing GrapeRun ill volunteer to organise brekkie for us unless anyone else wants to do it? If not I'll get some costs in if people could let me know if they want brekkie and wether they have any special requirements?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Since the big man is doing GrapeRun ill volunteer to organise brekkie for us unless anyone else wants to do it? If not I'll get some costs in if people could let me know if they want brekkie and wether they have any special requirements?
                  I'll have the gluten free, kosher vegetarian option please, with a side of low calorie, halal bacon.........
                  Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                    I'll have the gluten free, kosher vegetarian option please, with a side of low calorie, halal bacon.........
                    Full English it is

Comment

Anyone wanting supplies just drop me a pm and I will bring them on the day
                      Discount Home Brew Supplies
                      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                      National Wine Judge
                      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Full English it is
                        .. and a full english baguette each for the driver and co-pilot, please
                        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

baguettes? What do you think this is some kind of bistro?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

baguettes? What do you think this is some kind of bistro?!
                            No. He obviously only stops at "posh" greasy spoon vans.......

The rest of us ask for a breakfast stick But, you can always do the eggs well done and halve them so they don't leak but then booby trap the brekkie sticks with mushrooms (garlic ones - so the evidence of spillage will be obvious for all to smell for hours ).........

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Unfortunately, no boxes for me this year, as i'm struggling to be able to attend due to work going ballistic - so will have no time to attend to grapes etc Work dictates that i'll be working on the Saturday. However, i am going to try to at least drive up on the saturday afternoon to at least come and say hello to you all.
                              "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

It's looking like I will make the grape run on Friday ( Pete will be co- pilot )
                                we will inspect the grapes and decide which ones to take. We need to all be on some form of messenger so we can communicate, or you need to trust Pete and I

please let let me have corrections/additions to the following list

darren 10 boxes
                                ukric 10 boxes
                                richard s 5 boxes
                                sisandrine 10 boxes
                                goldseal 10 boxes
                                fatbloke 6 boxes ( should fill 2 X buckets)
                                duffbeer 5 boxes
                                Lockwood1956 10 boxes

i think that's everyone who expressed an interest, it isn't too late to attend, absolutely all are welcome. If you are thinking of doing it stop thinking and jump in, there is tons of help and support not to mention expertise available on the day and afterwards

The van hire/fuel will be about £140 (total guess for now, it may work out less) which with numbers being lower this year, equates to about £2 per box transport, delivery last time cost £120 but we don't get sight of the grapes till they arrive.

Everyones thoughts?
                                Last edited by lockwood1956; 10-09-2014, 11:19 AM.
                                N.G.W.B.J.
                                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                                X