How is your Grapefest prep going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is your Grapefest prep going?

I started this evening. Need urgently to make space in the winery. I am at full capacity and need to do some serious bottling if I am going to realize my GF14 dreams.
    Prepared 7 gallons for bottling therefore. Bottling tomorrow evening (maybe).

I need to have a word with myself about getting more organized.
    Simon
    "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

not too bad. Should have 2 x fermenters and 2x better bottles sorted and a load of single gallons ready.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Grapefest preps ? Ha! fat chance..........
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Got 15 gallons bottled over the weekend.

This has freed up 2 x Better Bottles and 1 x Carboy, but I have an even bigger storage problem now: the BBs and Carboy take up exactly the same amount of room empty as they do full, and I also have to find room to store 90 bottles of wine!

Work is still stupidly busy, so I have decided to make white only this year: I can crush and press at GF, take the must home, bung some yeast in and forget about it for a week or so. The effort required for reds is just too much at the moment (this is a shame because some of my 2008 and 2009 reds are getting REALLY good now).

On top of that, I'll be working away from home Monday - Thursday, so all my GF kit will need to be stored in the car for the week, alongside all my work kit.

I'm stoked up on sulphite, yeast, tartaric, deacidifier, rennies and paracetamols, so I should be fine
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
          Got 15 gallons bottled over the weekend.
          Showing off eh?

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
          I have decided to make white only this year: I can crush and press at GF, take the must home, bung some yeast in and forget about it for a week or so. The effort required for reds is just too much at the moment (this is a shame because some of my 2008 and 2009 reds are getting REALLY good now).
          What even if the white is .... Trebbiano?
          Agreed on the reds maturing. I bottled the 2011 merlot which is developing nicely. I am hoping the Ciliegiolo is back on the menu this year. I have missed out completely on that and the one I tasted last year was lovely.

Looking forward to a catch up.
          Simon
          "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

That's 15 gals bottled, 65 ish to go

Tempted by Ciliegiolo too, but head must rule heart this year.
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
            X