Anyone tried these ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried these ?

Daniel Pambianchi posted this link on FB, http://www.sterilock.co.uk/ and while it seems like a good idea, I was wondering if anyone has tried them ?
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

I haven't tried that specific product, but have used a similar one called Ferm-Rite on both carboys and barrels. They work great.
    Steve

Comment

Good find.

I did LOL at the 'UK shop' button that beside it says ...not in the UK

I have tried the dry-lock thing with marbles in - not that excited really. Just OK .

For 54l carboys the italian plastic stopper works FAB - fully washable and trouble free.

Carboy airlock.jpg
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Just noticed brewland do 'em.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
          For 54l carboys the italian plastic stopper works FAB - fully washable and trouble free.
          Where d'you get them from?
          Cheers,
          Dave.
          If I won the lottery I'd spend half the money on wine, women and song.
          But I'd probably just waste the rest of it!

Comment

Originally posted by SleepyDave View Post
            Where d'you get them from?
            What, the carboys or the stoppers ?
            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

It's the Italian plastic stoppers I'm interested in. I've not seen them before. I have a few 54L carboys and normally close them with polythene (from a plastic bag) held on with a rubber band.
              Cheers,
              Dave.

Comment

They often come in from Italy. That is the only place I have seen them.

I used to use plastic with elastic bands - worked well. I also used rubber super bouncy balls (Don't laugh)
                If you want a full air lock Vigo Ltd do the speidel and a big bung, but they are quite tall (think shelves) and bit EEEK (particularly if you want a few)

If you what some, remind me next year and I will pick some up when get grapes & I will pop them in the post.
                Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 03-01-2015, 01:06 PM. Reason: naughty fingers

Comment

Thanks Brian. That would be great. I must also get around to ordering some new baskets for my 54L carboys as most of mine are getting a bit fragile.
                  Cheers,
                  Dave.

Comment

Thats fine..

Comment

Great find John. The UK part of the Sterilock website works fine. Free deliveries over £10 (which means you need to order 3 of them - for 14.04) so cheaper than Brouwland (although Brouwland provide 2 capsules as opposed to 1 in each pack).
                      Brouwland do appear to have the euro distributor rights for this product. There is no physical address on the Sterilock website (which is illegal BTW for an ecommerce platform) so it is not clear where they are coming from.

I think Brian is right though. Very confusing not having a ? after "Not in the UK". Who said grammar wasn't useful?
                      Simon
                      "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Working...
                      X