Liverpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool

Is there any other winemakers around near Liverpool?

I joined the NAWB and went to their show last year. It was brilliant meeting other proper winemakers, but it would be great to know other local winemakers.

Virtual wine circles are good but youre not able to taste each others produce online!

Originally posted by JimmySmith View Post
    Is there any other winemakers around near Liverpool?

I joined the NAWB and went to their show last year. It was brilliant meeting other proper winemakers, but it would be great to know other local winemakers.

Virtual wine circles are good but youre not able to taste each others produce online!
    i don't think we have members in Liverpool, but there may be some close- ish to you

are you going to NAWB this year?
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Hi Lockwood. Yes, there is a circle in Heswall on the Wirral, which is about 40 mins train journey from us. I spoke to them and they have changes their circle into a "Wine APPRECIATION Circle", as no one there now really makes any wine! I did consider starting a wine circle up in Liverpool, but with work I am just too busy, and I think it would turn out to be just us (me and my partner)! It would be nice even just to know of anyone in Liverpool who made non kit wines, just to chat with regarding tips and swap a bottle or two with, but there seems to be no one!!!!

Unfortunately we cant make the National this year as its the same weekend as my sons birthday. Really gutted as loved it last year. I have my wine to set recipe currently fermenting for the 2016 show. I may be a bit early with it, but I cant stop myself winemaking!

Comment

An awful lot of wine circles are turning into wine appreciation or just social gatherings as more and more members give up making wine.

People do not seem to want to leave the comfort of their own homes to take part in social activities any more. this is not just confined to wine making clubs, all sorts of other societies are suffering the same fate. Information and guidance can now be had on just about any hobby via the internet these days (guilty as charged M'lud)

We do have a winemaking get together here in West Yorkshire every year that we refer to as Grapefest, where we bring in winemaking grapes from italy and Spain, you are more than welcome t attend (people travel from all over the UK)

you can spend a day or two in the company of very experienced winemakers and talk winemaking nonsense, as well as tasting previous vintages

check out the Grapefest threads for details

regards
        bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Its a real shame Lockwood.

Online forums are good, but they are lacking the main ingredient what wine making groups are all about - the ability to taste each others products.

"Wine Making is Friend Making", I dont this this statement is more true for the physical wine circle!

We will definately come to Grape Fest! Do you know when its on this year?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmySmith View Post
            Its a real shame Lockwood.

Online forums are good, but they are lacking the main ingredient what wine making groups are all about - the ability to taste each others products.

"Wine Making is Friend Making", I dont this this statement is more true for the physical wine circle!

We will definately come to Grape Fest! Do you know when its on this year?
            Sept 19th is current date (for reds)......
            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
            X