Grapefest 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapefest 2015

I can hardly believe it but this is Grapefest 11 for me (having done the first one on my own in 2005!)

I was thinking of September 19th as a provisional date.....

or would we rather go a little later?

there is always the later giving more ripeness versus availability of grape varietals to consider.

Rick and I harvested white grapes from a local vineyard, and they were of good quality. these would be ripe later in the year, so we could have two Grapefests, a red in Sept and a white Grapefest in October (ish)

As ever your thoughts appreciated

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Wentvale booked.

Only joking..

That works for me. Prefer that rather than any later but will go with the flow.

Grapefest 11.2 may be possible for me. Would decide closer to the time.

Cheers Bob.
    Simon
    "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Grapefest 2015

I need to break my grapefest virginity on this one.
      Last edited by GAZ9053; 17-02-2015, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Woop woop, hopefully can get cover for the shop and make the daytime this year.
        Discount Home Brew Supplies
        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Hello all - yes I am still alive! Definitely planning to make GF this year, as i suffered withdrawal symptoms last year ;o)

Sept 19th sounds good!
          "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

The set date works for me, as it allows me the chance of booking the time (suspect Mr M and neighbours would go up the wall if I had to park an artic opposite for the weekend ).

Hell I might even be able to do both.........
            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Hello all,

I can make it for the day again this year. Am I too late to get in on the grape order?

Regards

Daniel

Comment

Hi Daniel,

No, not too late, we are awaiting information on grape varieties. Looking forward to meeting you again at GF.

Cheers
                Simon
                "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Well thank goodness for that! Looking forward to it too Simon!

I have been having some problems viewing the forum lately and thought nothing was happening...!

I normally view on a smartphone and I get the mobile version of the site and click on the 'what's new' button... This was regularly coming up with a nil return so I was starting to think everyone had packed up and gone home! Little did I know that the search linked to that button doesn't seem to work properly for me and if I go through advanced search and 'posts since...' then it comes up with posts...! Phew!

Glad I haven't missed the boat and looking forward to what bit of GF 2015 I can attend! The black cherry port alone is worth the visit! - I still have some left from 2012 along with most of my wine!

Will Karl be taking orders for equipment and ingredients again this year?

Comment

I'm not going to make Grapefest again this year as I am doing a track day at the SPA Grandprix circuit next month and I can't justify both. Hope the weather is kind for you and I shall enjoy reading the fermentation thread.

Regards
                    Rob

Comment

Sorry to hear that Rob. It is quieter this year but hopefully we can get everyone back next time.
                      Simon

Comment

Thats me pretty much packed. Just time to drop kids at school and collect the van. Then I am off... Grapefest. Yippee
                        Simon

Comment

Cool! What time do I need to be there for in the morning?

Do I need anything else other than buckets, sulphite and a big spoon? I made the mistake last time of adding yeast as soon as the grapes were crushed, not realising they had been refrigerated. This time I'll just add sulphite and let them warm up a bit.... Is that right?

What are we doing about lunch. Would you like me to bring anything?

Comment

Working...
                          X