Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grape Order

Hi Folks,

The southerners have agreed with Bob to do the grape run this year. This means that I am picking up the grapes on Friday morning and I think John (fatbloke) may meet me there if we can sort the timing.

I'll try and get an idea of which varieties we will have in the next few days but expect the normal ones. If you want white then last years Airen blew the Trebbiano away IMO - i'll bring a couple of bottles for sampling this year. This is what I think we have in numbers so far:

richard s 3 boxes
    sisandrine 7 boxes
    fatbloke 3 boxes
    Lockwood1956 6 boxes
    Neil 2 boxes
    Rich 3 or 6 boxes
    Delmonteman 6 boxes
    Gaz9053 6 boxes

That's it so far (36-39 boxes). Still loads of time to get your orders in.
    <Notes from Bob>
    It isn't too late to attend, absolutely all are welcome. If you are thinking of doing it stop thinking and jump in, there is tons of help and support not to mention expertise available on the day and afterwards.

"he (supplier) says a vintage year, best grapes he has ever seen"
    "pricing same or a little cheaper than last year" </Notes from Bob>

The van hire/fuel will be about £100 (approx) so about £3 per box. If we can get up to 40 boxes that's about £2.50 per box - encourage your friends.

I'll sort payments / bank details etc when we have the varieties available.

Everyone OK with that?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SiSandrine; 11-09-2015, 12:15 PM. Reason: Added Grape Spreadsheet
    Simon
    "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

6 boxes for me please Simon, although I could do with knowing if Karl is coming as I need another bucket... Kicking myself as I've just given one away!

Comment

Thanks Daniel. I have updated the OP
      Simon
      "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

6 boxes for me, if Im right roughly 1 box a gallon.

Comment

Yep, thats about right. Thanks, i'll update the order.
          Simon

Comment

OK. Just spoken to supplier. He reckons that he will have the following:
            Reds
            Montepulciano
            Shiraz
            Cab. Sauvignon (yes you read right. However we have had this promised before and it not been there on the day)
            Merlot
            Tempranillo
            Garnacha

Whites
            Trebbiano
            Moscato (we need to let him know early as these are flying out so if any interest in this then let me know ASAP)
            Airen (can maybe get these again but will have to let him know ASAP)

If you PM your email address then I will give you a link to my Google drive spreadsheet so you can update and make changes to your orders etc. Alternatively just post them here and I will update as we go.
            If there is any change to availability then i'll post it up here but if you all add a 2nd choice that would help.
            As soon as I know the prices then i'll let you know but last years were around £7-8 per box + about £2 transport so probably not far off that.
            I probably need to let him know next Tuesday latest what the order will be so he can set our order aside as it comes in.
            Simon

Comment

3 merlot
              3 shiraz

second choice is 6 of either...

Comment

If the legendary Cab is available, I will have 3 boxes for hand processing. If not, 3 boxes of Moscato please
                National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Ok, slight change of mind.

3 Cab and 3 Shiraz. If it does transpire that there's no Cab, then 3 Merlot and 3 Shiraz........
                  Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Cheers Simon you are a star for stepping up to the plate

There was cab last year but we just missed it (if you remember I got the last 3 boxes he had)

I will take 6 cab if available (Shiraz if not)

cheers again
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Cab. Sauvignon is well worth it. I have run a couple of time now - properly yummy. This year with high sugars I am expecting good things.
                      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Cab sav for me or Tempranillo if not

Comment

What yeast would you recommend for cab sav? As I need to order some via post.

Comment

Please can I have 3 cab sav as well?

3 merlot
                            3 cab sav
                            3 Shiraz

Or a 4/5 split of any two if one's not available...

Thanks

Daniel

Comment

Thanks Daniel and Gaz

On yeast - see here: http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/s...st-for-Newbies

And also here: https://winemakermag.com/yeast-strains-chart

I will probably use RC212 on Cab Sauvignon unless I can get BM4x4
                              Simon

Comment

Working...
                              X