Red Grapes kindly donated by my boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Grapes kindly donated by my boss

Hi guys been a long while since i posted on here. Ive managed to get the supermarket juice wines to how i like them and the other half is enjoying my hobby too.

Ive been given some red grapes grown by my boss. He brought them in to work today and having just weighed them there 5.5 kg in the large black sack he has brought. This weight includes stems as they are basically on the bunch still. I havent really tried making wine from grapes this way and just looking for any guidance as to how to go about it maybe even some recepie ideas.

I will of course keep you all up to date with how this is going so thanks in advance for any pearls of wisdom you can give

Mark

I'd take a look at this thread.

Very good. I would also highly recommend coming to grapefest if you can next week (it is in West Yorkshire so maybe doable from your location?)

Basically - destem them (pull them off the stalks by hand into a clean bucket), crush them, measure gravity (and probably acid if you can), adjust gravity with sugar syrup solution if needed (I suspect it will be), adjust acid (if you think it is way out to test or taste), pitch yeast, ferment out, press off skins (either using a press, sieve, press bag or similar), rack off deposit then treat as you would a juice wine.
    Simon
    "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Working...
    X