The demise of white grape juice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The demise of white grape juice

It seems impossible to find white grape juice in any of my local supermarkets, does anyone have a supply of it anywhere near where they are?

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Morning Bob, I am out today to try and get some, looking on line I can only find welch's white grape juice in tesco and asda., I will let you know how I get on.

Comment

I have had no luck at all, the only supermarket I have not been to is Sainsburys, tesco, aldi, asda, bnm have none.

Asda do have prune juice, would this also be ok to use ?

Comment

I have tried all shops round by me (S. Wales) and apart from Waitrose I've had no luck and even Waitrose their stock is hit and miss (and expensive).

Comment

Originally posted by alan66 View Post
          Asda do have prune juice, would this also be ok to use ?

with extreme care yes.....
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Try Lidl's 100% apple juice

Comment

You can still buy pressed white grape juice in waitrose, I bought some today. Bit pricier than Tesco's but at least it's still available
              Last edited by Smiggs; 18-09-2016, 08:53 AM.

Comment

4+ years on and from what I can see the situation hasn’t changed much. Still don’t see WGJ in the supermarkets, and haven’t seen it in Waitrose for quite a while. What are people using as substitutes?

Comment

Originally posted by HLA91 View Post
                  4+ years on and from what I can see the situation hasn’t changed much. Still don’t see WGJ in the supermarkets, and haven’t seen it in Waitrose for quite a while. What are people using as substitutes?
                  Its still the same situation, no one seems to sell it, but in the US all the supermarkets seem to sell it, so not sure why this is, someone said that the demand is
                  for WGJ is not there, but the funny thing is that everywhere still sale the Red Grape Juice....go figure that.

Comment

I have heard that for wines made from juices, you can sub 250g of sultanas which have been rinsed, chopped and simmered in a litre of water for x amount of time. Cant remember the exact timings. Then strain and use the liquor.

Comment

Working...
                    X