Prune juice help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prune juice help needed

Hi all, I have shopped plenty today for grape juice and could not get any, I do have prune juice, could this be used in place of the grape juice ?
    Thanks

Originally posted by alan66 View Post
    Hi all, I have shopped plenty today for grape juice and could not get any, I do have prune juice, could this be used in place of the grape juice ?
    Thanks
    Yes, but it will make any wines taste completely different.

For some cheap grape juice, Aldi and Lidl do some, but it's mostly "drinking" type juice and mostly just red (they used to do white grape juice but I haven't seen it in there for a while).

For proper grape concentrate, most home brew shops will have some even if it's just the Ritchies or is it Youngs stuff, which comes in red or white and there's 2 different sized cans. Or you can just buy a cheap kit and use the grape juice concentrate from there.

Grape concentrate can be used in the main ferment, or after you've finished the ferment you can use it to back sweeten and/or add body....
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I use Lidl's 100% Apple juice it does a good job

Comment

Working...
      X