Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 steps forward, 1 back

Hi All,
    Finally and belatedly getting round to making wine in a systematic way - keeping notes, being consistent - with the idea of improving what I do, so as to improve what I drink. And it's all going reasonably OK, so far. But I have a little oddity (Quiet at the back!!) that I thought I'd run by you.
    I'm making a 6 bottle batch of Youngs Definitive Cab Sav style. Am coming to the end of fermentation (Day 32), where the temperature has been relatively low, but consistent - usually 23C. Occasionally a degree or two lower and VERY occasionally a degree higher.
    Watching the ferm lock today (3min 20sec for a bubble to pass), I see the bubble starting to build, then it will drop back a bit. Then build and drop back. Like the title says, "2 steps forward, 1 back". Maybe 7 or 8 times, in that +/-3 minute period.
    I know fermentation hasn't finished and I'm not particularly troubled, but I do find it odd. I don't THINK I have a pressure leak and I've only spotted this, in these final days.
    Is this any cause for concern?
    Thanks in anticipation.
    Barrie

I wouldn't worry at this point as the wine is protected by the layer of C02 sat on top of it

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
    X