This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aristaeus View Post
    Sure Stockey...just use a cornelius keg and some nitrogen or CO2 to carbonate. This is the dispatch method, or Modified Charmat process. The investment for keg, regulator ($90 US) and nitrogen (rented bottle additional). This beats messing with disgorging, not to mention the additional waiting time. Nitrogen does taste fresher, but CO2 is cheaper.
    I agree with the Cornelius keg method, that is one way. There is also another way besides the French Champagne method and that is the "priming" method. This is the least costly and what I have experienced works very well. DAW

Comment

I'm interested in making this mead DAW but for the life of me i cannot open the links on the 1st post to see the recipe. Maybe its pooey AOL thats the problem but if its the links that are broken can you pop them back on here...please!
      Cheers duck
      Nia xxx
      Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

Originally posted by Cariad66 View Post
        I'm interested in making this mead DAW but for the life of me i cannot open the links on the 1st post to see the recipe. Maybe its pooey AOL thats the problem but if its the links that are broken can you pop them back on here...please!
        Cheers duck
        Nia xxx
        Cheers Cariad66 - I will check that out but for the fast way go to the mead recipe section there is a Strawberry Recipe there and others. This make a beautiful Melomel, my wife her lady friends and all in the family enjoy it very much. It will surprise you with the color - great red color during primary and secondary ferment and then after fermentation and ageing to a great golden amber red. The flavor is wonderful strawberries out front and definite honey in background. Hope it works for you. Daw

Comment

Its perfect for my wedding!!! Need to grow the strawberries 1st tho..lol

Nia xxx
          Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

Working...
          X