• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks..

Thanks for all of your help everyone..Greatly Appreciated

Comment

• Yeeloowy

My turbo cider is on its 2nd night and it is a yellowy colour and very unclear is this ok sorry about all the silly questions

Comment

• yes this is good it shows the yeasst is being put into suspension by an active fermentation also when the ferment stops it should drop clear so watch for that as an aid when to bottle
        mark
        "we need a bigger boat"

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
          I made my turbo cider in August, today I poured a pint and there seems to be an off smell, almost like "fishy" is it time to toss it out and start over?

Paul
          Hi Paul,

If it's still in the demijohn then i would rack it, i had a similar thing, although not 'fishy' but a nasty smell. I racked the cider and all was fine, smell went and cider tasted great.

Cheers,

AB.

Comment

• Hi Everyone

Decided to join this great place instead of reading threads

I read the recipe on here for the Turbo Cider & decided to give it a go.

Started 2 weeks ago...

Two days after starting

All topped off and bubbling like mad man

...i also started the Cinnamon Turbo Cider of on saturday, I hope i did right by putting a stick in the juice ? i also used champagne yeast as a experiment, just waiting to top it of.

Question Time

The yeast on the the top looks different to the the other batch i am making...is that down to the Champagne yeast ?

How long do i leave the stick in for ?
            Every tree and flower has a purpose, Every mountain and stream has a place, Every occasion has a reason,Every cause has an effect.!

Comment

• Hmm

Mine is a yellow colour and doesnt look like tht in the pictures have i done someting wrong itr had been going since saturday night

Comment

• Farmercoop,
                I wouldn`t worry. Every batch i do always looks slightly different than previous ones. Even if i use the same juice or yeast, every batch has its own unique "character". Thats the beauty of turbo!

Comment

• i wouldnt worry about the colour too much every batch is different
                  mark
                  "we need a bigger boat"

Comment

• Guys

How long do i leave the cinnamon stick in the brew for ?
                    Every tree and flower has a purpose, Every mountain and stream has a place, Every occasion has a reason,Every cause has an effect.!

Comment

• the choice is yours the longer you leave it the stronger the stronger the taste will be have a little taste and see what you think .ive never made the cider with cinnamon so havent got a clue about timescale
                      mark
                      "we need a bigger boat"

Comment

• Well i topped it of today and ill leave the stick in until saturday ,might be sickly leaving until the brew has finished

Comment

• did you have a little taste if so how was it
                          mark
                          "we need a bigger boat"

Comment

• Mark its only been brewing for a few days

Comment

• David,
                              I like the idea of sweeting with honey. Only thing is, when do you add it? after it has finished fermenting and racked?

Comment

• I think I'm going to sweeten my next batch with juice or maybe concentrate will work better.

Anyways, I wanted to ask when it's best to add cinnamon sticks to your cider? I know in beer making if you add it during the primary ferment it scrubs some of the flavor out. Just wondering what you guys usually do/have done with some success. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X