No announcement yet.

Does anyone know what these are please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what these are please?

I was given some demijohns by a freecycler and she also give me a bag of stuff which also included these.

Can someone please enlighten me as to what they are!

The one in the middle is a beer crown capper, the one on the right (i think) is a foil applicator for bottle tops.....no idea what the one on the left is......but it might be a mini keg sealer
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 08-04-2008, 09:52 PM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      The one in the middle is a beer crown capper, the one on the right (i think) is a foil applicator for bottle tops.....no idea what the one on the left is......but it might be a mini keg sealer
      Thanks Bob.

Think they will all be taking a walk to Mr Bin then.

Comment

Ooooooo noooooooo

Dont throw wine or anything winemaking away

put them on ebay and see what happens, you just never know.....

still not tested the magnets by the way (sorry ) just been so busy
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Could the can closure thing possibly be something that "seals" an opened can? (not permanently but just while you want to stop drinking it and have it later?) just a thought..

I wouldn't mind the crown capper if it's only going to end up in the bin!

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
            Ooooooo noooooooo

Dont throw wine or anything winemaking away

put them on ebay and see what happens, you just never know.....

still not tested the magnets by the way (sorry ) just been so busy
            That's ok, I know that they work.

Comment

Well from a first glance one might think they are obscure sexual objects, but I can confirm that the one in the middle is an old style crown capping "DEVICE" meant for beer bottles, usually hit with a hammer ?? not a great tool in modern day's.
              As for the dark red device ? it looks to me like it's lacking vasaline and a little willie....
              Discount Home Brew Supplies
              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
              National Wine Judge
              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by 5thElement View Post
                Could the can closure thing possibly be something that "seals" an opened can? (not permanently but just while you want to stop drinking it and have it later?) just a thought..

I wouldn't mind the crown capper if it's only going to end up in the bin!
                Graham, send me a pm with your address and I'll stick it in the post to you, it shouldn't cost much to post 2nd class.

Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                  Well from a first glance one might think they are obscure sexual objects, but I can confirm that the one in the middle is an old style crown capping "DEVICE" meant for beer bottles, usually hit with a hammer ?? not a great tool in modern day's.
                  As for the dark red device ? it looks to me like it's lacking vasaline and a little willie....
                  Cheeky!

Comment

oh, me me...

I can confirm that the red tube with rubber ring is in fact for compressing foil tops for your wine bottles!

I'll have a look in the garage tomorrow, I think I have some spare foils if you want to try it!

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      oh, me me...

I can confirm that the red tube with rubber ring is in fact for compressing foil tops for your wine bottles!

I'll have a look in the garage tomorrow, I think I have some spare foils if you want to try it!

Rich
                      Thanks Rich, that would be great!

Glad I just didn't bin them now.

Sharon

Comment

Really wish i could see the picture. Works machines stop some pictures and this is one of them. Must say that Karl's reply has made me want to run home and have a look what is in the picture.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X