Coopers Australian Larger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coopers Australian Larger

Started one of these off yesterday, fermentation well underway now!

Anyone tried these before? what was it like?

I made one of these kits last year, it was crisp and light, very nice indeed. Would definitely make another
    regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Yup, I've done this lager kit. It was very nice!

Put it into 2 litre pet bottles.. Which was a bit too much at one sitting

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
        Put it into 2 litre pet bottles.. Which was a bit too much at one sitting
        I can understand that. 10x 2 litre bottles in one session might be pushing it a bit.
        National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

trust you to think like that...

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
            I made one of these kits last year, it was crisp and light, very nice indeed. Would definitely make another
            Yup, I've done this lager kit. It was very nice!
            Me thinks that i'm going to have to try one of these, how long from bottling to drinking?
            National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
              Me thinks that i'm going to have to try one of these, how long from bottling to drinking?

2 or 3 weeks min, much better if aged a little longer.

Comment

Oh, very good, just coming to the end of fermentation now, so a trip to tesco tomorrow for more sparkling water bottles

Comment

Well all bottled up and priming! Looking forward to this one!

Comment

ive made this kit a few times and founf adding 1kg of light dry malt extract and using safale so4 yeast works wounders. lovely crisp ale with a far better body and head retention

Comment

Well,

tucking into this tonight very nice, however the last lager i did (muntons gold) was a little more to my liking... V nice all the same

Comment

Originally posted by bugle View Post
                        Well,

tucking into this tonight very nice, however the last lager i did (muntons gold) was a little more to my liking... V nice all the same
                        Wow, you only started it 20 days ago!! It might take a week or 2 longer if not a month or so for the flavours to fully integrate and the pressure to stabilise and and and.. patience is good.

ready to drink in 'x' amount of days isn't always when it'll be at it's best!

But, anyone any idea how long would be too long to leave it? if it's a year old, would it be off?

Rich

Comment

Wow, you only started it 20 days ago!! It might take a week or 2 longer if not a month or so for the flavours to fully integrate and the pressure to stabilise and and and.. patience is good.

ready to drink in 'x' amount of days isn't always when it'll be at it's best!

But, anyone any idea how long would be too long to leave it? if it's a year old, would it be off?

Rich
                          I have to agree with you Rich if my brew is a lighter malt then maybe a month after bottling but more than likely six weeks and if it is a heavier malt darker beer about two months.
                          http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

lol!

I know its young rich... but i couldn't resit...

And besides you know, you can tell what flavours are there and have an idea of what it will become... and like i said very nice, if it gets better... Great!

Patience isn't the problem, I have bags and bags, but still bottle some small bottles for errr educational purposes

Comment

Hmm, small bottles. Far too tempting!!

I've nearly enough small lager bottles to do my next lager kit. It's been hard work getting all the empties, but we've managed hic.

Comment

Working...
                              X