No announcement yet.

pressure barrel help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just blagged a plastic pressure barrel. The cap has a valve for adding CO2 - there is no pin within the valve so am I right in thinking this is for a s30 bottle ? I think these are widely available so the next question is how do I use it ? Apologies if this is a silly question and I have searched the forum for how to use s30 but didn't find anything.

Is the point of the CO2 to supplement the naturally occuring CO2 from priming sugar. I am new to beer making having previously, with the help of this invaluable site, only dabbled in wine .

Hope you can help.

Aye,
    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by gazngoz View Post
      I have just blagged a plastic pressure barrel. The cap has a valve for adding CO2 - there is no pin within the valve so am I right in thinking this is for a s30 bottle ? I think these are widely available so the next question is how do I use it ? Apologies if this is a silly question and I have searched the forum for how to use s30 but didn't find anything.

Is the point of the CO2 to supplement the naturally occuring CO2 from priming sugar. I am new to beer making having previously, with the help of this invaluable site, only dabbled in wine .

Hope you can help.

Aye,
      Gaz
      The s30 is used when the natural pressure caused by secondary ferment drops too low to dispense the beer, it simply screws onto the valve and depresses a release valve on the cartridge.
      Do not charge with any more than a one second co2 blast or it will freeze the valve & leak.
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Excellent duffbeer, thanks. I shall give it a go !

G

Comment

Keg washer

Dear Thread, The rubber washer on your keg tap goes on the outside of keg and plastic nut on the inside.
          good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X