Tc gone Hazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tc gone Hazy

Hi all, My turbo cider has just turned cloudy. 3 weeks after bottling. Ive drunk most of it which was perfectly clear after racking, but the remaining 2 bottles have gone really cloudy again. Is this Pectin Haze, or could secondary fermentation take place so long after it originally stopped. Its not producing any gas and i didnt prime with sugar.
    Any ideas please. Im drinking it anyway, but was just curious.

Anyone?

Comment

No off the top of my head darrel.

If it's not producing any pressure in the bottle, then it's not gonna be re-fermenting (by product being CO2 etc).

Pectin ? well I shouldn't have thought so unless you've been keeping it somewhere warm......

and you'd have to start playing with it - pectolase etc to see if that cleared it.

Additional, very fine sediment settling out? again unless you want to start playing with it to fine it etc, but you could just chuck it in the fridge for a week or two and that might help it settle anything like that.....

S'about all I can think of at the moment....

regards

JtFB
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Thanks for the reply
        Ive tried the fridge idea and it hasnt helped. Bearing in mind 1 bottle of it was good and the remaining 3 were bad Im thinking the bottles or lids might not have been sterilised properly. Either way I tried it again today and its now all gone to the way of the sink
        To be honest rather than making it again I would rather use the DJ to make me some Red Wine. So will try Lockwoods kit idea for a medium sweet one

Comment

Working...
        X