Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

whatcha chaps/chapettes

right i recon im going to give it a go at beer brewing (im sure i wont be dissapointed) any advice on an easy beginners pale ale? i have already got one on the go and i have tried a tin extract. im looking for recipes that would enclude the boiling rather than using extracts....

oooo and im looking for a 1gallons worth (although i can make the quantity changes)

cheers

By 'boiling rather than using extracts', I'm assuming you mean you want to go down the all-grain route?

By making 1 gallon, you are looking at more than 5 hours work for not a lot of end result! You would be better looking at using unhopped extracts (DME would be my choice) and adding hops rather than going through the process of mashing etc. There are plenty of recipes online for making extract beers - have a look at them.

Making proper 'extract' beer is a lot simpler than going the mashing route, but still far more complex than using kits and opens you up to many more variables.

Of the pale ale kits I've tried, the Coopers IPA is the most consistently good one, but replace any reference to sugar in the recipe with light DME instead.

Hope that helps...
    Last edited by davekermito; 16-01-2010, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X